Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maggie turned into a "pod", propping St.Daniel, her insta son, and not being written as the go=to, advice giving, loving character.  She became a busybody forcing the "Daniel is our savior " agenda the former writers had.

I love that she is back to her "real" character, a matriarch with a nurturing soul.  She has been the backbone of the on screen Hortons(though she's a Horton by  marriage) for many years.  

Julie's re-introduction(I know she's been in and out) as a member of Salem's in town denizens has also been a joy to watch. I like her on screen, not on cruises...LOL

• Members

A. Martinez looks nice, but his faux hawk or whatever hairstyle that looks crooked. One side has more hair than the other, lol.

I agree that the writing for the veterans is a lot better. It's always great when the characters who have been around for decades actually have something to do.

• Members

That would be a fun idea if they were still schemers. :ph34r:

I admit that I was expecting more after yesterday's action episode. But it was filler. Great filler, but filler. And I loved that Chad/Andre/Stefano scene at the end. Reminded me of Reilly's DAYS when you watch a schemer at work with naysayer partners (think Vivian/Ivan/Celeste or Kristen/Viv back then).

Ugh at Ben being verbally abusive to Abby.

• Members

The show has been really enjoyable to watch lately. I'm just finishing last Friday's episode, KDP is slaying every moment and she has been for weeks. She should definitely get an Emmy for these performances.

A. Martinez has yet to show a single iota of believable emotion as a grieving father. I'm not liking him in this role.

• Members

I think he's fine. People handle grief in different ways and Eduardo hasnt been around for a decade. He long since removed himself from his family and obviously isnt an expressive person. Eve doesnt need that anyway. We havent seen him alone and most of his scenes in relation to Paige's death has been with Eve or Rafe. Rafe doesnt want to hear it and neither does Eve, whom herself needs strong people around her. Besides, Paige's death was only a vehicle to get him on the show. His main role will be as the Hernandez patriarch, not father to some failed character who will be irrelevant and forgotten in a couple of months. So far he's doing alright with Rafe and they still havent tapped the surface with Gabi

Its too bad they never tested Teresa with Chad as I think they would have been great although I can see how some might see them as a rehash of EJ and Sami. She needs a bad boy that wont judge her and Brady most definitely is not that person. Especially since she's a gold digger, it would have made sense for her to try and get her hands on the Dimera fortune and being a Brady, that itself opens itself up for story potential. I cant see it now since the show is trying to solidify Abby and Chad as a power couple

BTW, why is everyone accepting that Ben is the father? No DNA test was taken right? I recall it being said that it was too early but not sure if it was pursued or not.

• Members

Today's show was pretty good.

I enjoyed JJ setting Clyde up to get arrested by Roman. THIS Clyde is who I could have gotten behind. James Read was fantastic.

Welp, Caroline's fine and dandy. LOL. I can't. But this is DAYS sooo ... I'll go with it. I enjoyed the flashbacks.

Mary Beth Evans is sooo good. I'm glad she's been given the chance to shine again and is somewhat the leading heroine of the show. IMO. I love Hope and all but give me Kayla anytime. Stephen Nichols was great as well as Steve watched the security footage of Bo's torture.

Loooved Bo fighting to escape. Great stuff. Reckell was fantastic.

So ready for Aiden to go. I don't want Hope/Rafe either, but I'm over Aiden and how they've made him a pathetic loser. I'm just over it and ready to move on.

Really great seeing the actors get the material they deserve and then rise above and beyond to deliver a fantastic performance.

• Members

Mmmmmm....Bo had a hot little Wolverine thing going on today. Yum.

Oh so over Clyde. So I am glad Roman showed up to arrest him. Hopefully, they got enough on that recording. Would be interesting to see how Ben is without Daddy Paw to back him up.

Love the Victor/Caroline flashbacks. Love all this Kayla focus.

ETA: Cheap, you never know they might still go there with Abby/Chad/Theresa. Got keep that frenemy vibe going on. And the writers could squeeze in a Chad/Theresa connection before the inevitable Ben death/Abby doubting of Chad beat of the story.

• Members

Damn, Will's final monologue/voicemail to Sonny was pretty decent. Guy Wilson definitely isn't anyone to write home about but that was pretty sad.

Is this the end for Clyde Weston or is he coming back? I know they let the actor go.

Billy Flynn and Kate Mansi are magic together. :wub:

The actor who plays JJ continues to be consistently dreadful.

• Members

Not sad if you've been watching. Will is pathetic and doesnt deserve Sonny. Its all stuff he's said before and its why he cant be trusted and in the position he is in. On a side note, his voice sounds like sh-t

I really hope this is the end of Clyde. The hillbilly needs to go

Archived