Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Samantha has always been hysterical in reaction to things over the years, so perhaps Alison Sweeney thought it was time to do something different. The subtle numbness was a good touch. Kate's reaction is one that I am looking forward to as well.

Robert Scott Wilson has definitely given a strong performance.

• Members

Oh lord, Bryan Dattilo destroyed me. I've always loved him but God [!@#$%^&*] dammit, I was not ready for him falling into Hope's arms like that. Camila and Deidre were excellent as well. I hate this story but thank God the actors on the show are delivering in spades.

Agreed on Robert Scott Wilson, he's doing fantastic work. Very nuanced and diabolical, such a drastic change from his Petey on nuAMC.

• Members

BD's performance gave me goose flesh, he tapped into something real.

Was it Sami or Kristen who injected EJ with that serum in the morgue?  If it was Sami, I don't see why she wouldn't move heaven and earth to do it again for her son.

• Members

It's amazing seeing so much universal praise for Days and this episode. I finally was able to watch and I'm emotionally gutted right now. I haven't cried this hard during a TV show in years. This was quite possibly one of the best Days episodes in years. The show is totally my EVERYTHING right now. Haven't been this hooked in over a decade. 

I can't praise Bryan Datillo enough for his work in this episode. Absolutely stellar and a perfect supporting actor Emmy real for him.. I was balling as Lucas found out.. Kudos also for KA and GG, who played their scenes perfectly.. I'm so glad it was Hope that told Lucas.. I also want to commend the writing for these scenes- just perfection. Loved Lucas' "don't look at me like that" line.. And his scene about being so proud of his son..

Camila was also fabulous.. Days was so smart to snap her back up. She's grown into one talented actress. The scene of Gabi doing CPR as Sonny was listening to Will's voicemail was amazing. These producers continue to go above and beyond for each episode.. The ending with Gabi and Ari was heartbreaking. I really liked that they had Abby want to comfort Gabi..

Marlena- first off thank to the script writer for the Words With Friends line. Such a simple nod to Chandler Massey's Will and Marlena's beautiful relationship.. It's details like that that show the writers care! Deidre Hall was wonderful today.. The scene with Marlena and Lucas hugging will be a scene I'll always remember.. Heartbreaking!

The ending with Sami showing up was perfect. I know it's not popular to say here, but I've missed Sami. And this story couldn't of been told without her. Can't wait for the Lumi scenes tomorrow..

As for Freddie- I wasn't that impressed. At first I wanted to blame it on the fact that he filmed that scene alone, but look how many incredible scenes KDP had alone mourning Paige.. I'm hoping Freddie improves this week.. I didn't mind Victor being the one to tell Sonny, as they've always been close..

Victor/Caroline/Maggie- loving that they've resurrected this triangle..Excellent scenes today..

And that ending. Holy crap.. So freaking good. The unspoiled fans have to be flipping out right now with so much happening on this show EVERYDAY. This was a Monday!! 

• Members

That was painful to watch. Very well executed, but absolutely painful. I think I cried for an entire hour.

I liked Robert Scott Wilson on AMC 2.0 but have found him very mixed on Days -- partly because the character was so flat until recently -- but since he was revealed as the killer, he's really stepped it up. I don't know if it's because he knows what to play now or what, but the intensity to Ben the past 2-3 weeks really works. I'm impressed. 

Weirdly, I thought Bryan Dattilo was a little fake and shouty today (the dialogue didn't help), but I love Lucas and was really glad that he got spotlighted. I've been a huge defender of him over the past few years and was sort of let down at his performance today, but I think I'm the only one online who felt that way. I was VERY glad to see Lucas/Hope scenes, though, and the hug with Marlena was great. 

• Members

Now that I have more time...

Gabi's reactions were on point. I don't remember being as involved with CB's ability to make me feel with her acting, but I felt it today.

Lucas...actually it was mixed for me too. But I have always LOVED BD and Lucas. Him being told was heartbreaking. And his hug with Marlena got me.

Speaking of her, it was her look when she came around the corner that got me and hit my eyes, producing tears. From my irregular viewing, I know Will had a close relationship with her and Kate, so it got me. But I am a Marlena fan so when she hurts, I hurt.

KA was great as well. Trying to be professional while she was feeling the hurt. And I also loved like someone said a few pages back that the cops did realize Will was not killed there.

I love how all the other stories were going on and will's death completely eclipsed them.

FS got me. As someone who has had to react to the loss of someone I loved before I could tell them my feelings, the phone drop was great. And I was in that moment. Except I did more screaming.

And then...we get Chad realizing who the killer is and at Ben's.

And...SAMI!!!!  Watch out. Can't wait until tomorrow.

• Members

Today was still good though I thought yesterday was better. The Chad/Ben scenes were brutal but I guess it was one of the more realistic fights on a soap in a while that I've seen. I just wish they weren't fighting over Abby. I don't get the appeal.

• Members

I think the production value has improved significantly, and I do think the show clicks along and is pretty watchable and has some decent stories. The stuff with Ben's reign of terror is especially solid, and Rob is doing a great job as are many others. I just can't get that invested in what appears to be another Ken Corday Showcase, where he drums out the 'bad' (this time: gay characters, which makes it incredibly repugnant in addition to his usual routine) and tries to razzle-dazzle everyone with some new push (veterans!). You could've done all this without murdering Will, one of the single most boneheaded moves I've ever seen on soaps. And I have no faith Corday is in any way committed to anything he's doing, especially if Peter Reckell will come and go among others, and all I'm left with is, what, Rafe? Who I despise? Gabi who I don't care about? A year ago Corday was telling everyone DAYS was the gay-visibility soap, now it's the family values vet-centric soap with great production. He has a new sales pitch every year, or every six months.

And the thing is, aside from what Corday's done to the gay characters, I feel like a lot of this is very decent and a good faith effort put on by a writing team (sans Higley), cast and crew which is constrained and yoked by the same thing DAYS is always constrained by - Ken Corday and his relentless ADD and cheapness. I feel like it will all snap back into bad at any moment, just like it always does, when Corday loses interest or demands sudden changes because he doesn't get an instant return. And this time I have even less patience for it, as they've exterminated the gay canvas. I'm not investing in a show that does that.

Archived