Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

The perfect description of Ken Corday. I just wish there was a way to boot his ass from the show. I'd rather SONY have full control as they'd possibly try to retool the show without Corday coming in and meddling. 

I just don't get how he allows his bread and butter to suffer the way it does. Without DAYS on air, what else does he have? If I am not mistaken, I heard he gets a percentage of Y&R but not enough to have a say. I doubt he can live off of that. He has no other projects in the can, so I'd suggest he either release the reigns of DAYS or get his lard ass off a golf course and into a studio. DAYS is hanging on by a thread....

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty much this.

And look, I want representation on television, too, but soap fans take their gays waaaay too seriously. IDK, I think the backlash is a bit ridiculous, and so is the hand-wringing over it, but I can see why they're getting it.

And I think the show deserves kudos for having three gay characters on CONTRACT. GH can't even put theirs on contract. None of them are and the most obnoxious one was for far too long.

• Members

I've been very moved by RSW's performance as the neck tie killer! The scenes when he was crying next to Will's lifeless body were very well done. He's playing the hell out if it & doing a wonderful job. 

Quick Q -- What is that light flashing outside Ben & Abby's apartment all about? Why is it flashing different colors? I actually kinda like it but it seems so strange. LOL

Why is Adrienne acting like she's being tested for breast cancer when she's just being tested for if she has the gene....LOL. Finding this story so OTT, and I also find her, Justin & Lucas utterly boring.

• Members

I mean its still scary. If she has it, she has an increased risk of developing the disease. Id be nervous about the test results as well if I were in that position. IA that this triangle is boring.

IA cant beleive she STILL hasnt interacted with her brother Steve. He's been around for over a month now.

So when are they going to give Jennifer a love interest? Ever since she and Dan ended, her love life has been pretty bleak. She should probably test her with Justin. Not sure if they would work, but it wouldnt hurt. Its time they mix the super couples up instead of keeping them untouchable.

• Members

I wish I cared more for Justin and Adrienne. I love me some Wally Kurth and Judi Evans but they're the only super couple I just don't have any sort of connection towards, except for fondness for the great actors playing them. IDK. I guess I wish there would be more investment in them. It's getting a bit better (Justin coming down off of his high horse and having scenes actually showing how him talking about how he was ... we need more of this).

• Members

Justin and Adrienne were never as big as the other 80s couples even if they had the amazing Greece remote to wed. I wonder if part of it is how for so many viewers the actors are well-known and/or loved for other parts that aren't these characters. 

Having Adrienne go to Kayla, and then have no line from Kayla stating that we'll have to check my kids too would have made sense since Patch went out of town. And that eventually this info has to get to Abby and JJ as they're Jo's grandchildren. The idea that only Adrienne knows about Jo is weird.

• Members

I agree that today's episode has been stellar all-around. They definitely played the beats of people finding out about Will as they should have instead of glossing over it and the next episode being that everyone already knows. Too many shows do it that way and it's annoying.

BD was great as Lucas and even DH as Marlena seemed to step it up today. I truly could feel for them.

I liked the confrontation at the end. Great way to leave it.

On a side note: I hope this mess with Bo doesn't drag out much longer. I'm over it already.

• Members

How about that Bryan Datillo?  Heartwrenching, brought a tear to my eye. Phenomenal episode. From fallout to Maggie's peek into Caroline's room with Victor, to Kristian Alfonso...even GG.  Excellent on every point.

Freddie Smith looked great today, and Sami's return.... just great all around!

Archived