Soap actors that always give a solid performance

• Members

While thinking about the best that have fallen far for the other thread, I started thinking about those that always bring it.

Jane Eliott- even when Tracy could go way OTT, she manages to walk the line and bring good work no matter her scene partner.

Sarah Brown-  She's had some terrible characters but I think she always does good work within them.

Maureen Garrett- did she ever do anything but subtle, strong work?

Michael Zaslow- Again, I can't think of a bad scene.

Laura Wright-  She is a total soap actress, but I think she always tries, and commits to her characters.  Even if I don't always like her character she plays it well.

Peter Reckell- I think he has been one of the most consistent and strong actors on Days.

Susan Seaforth Hayes- again, always solid even if Julie can drive me crazy.

Beverly McKinsey- simply the best

Vincent Irizary-  from young to leading man he's played more than one strong character and is always compelling.

Finola Hughes-  Even when the show is stupid, she is always grounded and compelling.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with the ones mentioned. I would add Katherine Kelly Lang. Much like Laura Wright, I've never seen her check out. I've always felt the women off B&B were good sports who weren't afraid to get down and dirty in the mud, sometimes literally.

Maura West is also someone who always tries. Eileen Davidson too.

• Members

Laura Wright really seems to enjoy her job and I appreciate that about her.  Not a Carly fan, but she gives her all.

Maura West......meh.......never a fan.

Eileen Davidson always 100%.  I feel like she even gives 100% on the Real Housewives even if it's just reality.  I think she is just great all around.

• Members

Sharon Case. Despite the character going completely off the rails over the years, to me she's always made Sharon believable and invested herself in every storyline she's been given. Even the pairing with Victor which I'm still trying to make sense of.

• Members

Sharon Case
Melody Thomas Scott
Jess Walton
Peter Bergman(though I really could care less anymore about Jack, he's still one of the best actors on that show)
Eileen Davidson
Bryton James
Kristoff St.John
Mishael Morgan
Robert Adamson
Camryn Grimes
Linsey Godfrey
Jacob Young
Karla Mosley
Chad Duell
Laura Wright
Jane Elliott
Finola Hughes
Maura West

and more I'm forgetting, but those were the ones who popped in my head.

• Members

To add to Soapsuds' list (which I totally agree with), I'd add Tamara Tunie.  Understated but good performances even with inconsistent and sometimes silly storylines.  Colleen Zenk was never boring onscreen either and she was pretty versatile, could make you laugh, angry and sad at her character all in the same episode.  

Also

Finn Carter

Scott Bryce

Leslie Kay

Melanie Smith

Larry Bryggman

Jennifer Ashe

Kathryn Widdoes

Lisa Brown

Helen Wagner

Don Hastings

Tricia Cast, can't remember a bad scene from her on Y&R.  Beth Maitland was also understated and generous in her work, she made others even those who weren't the best actors (ahem actress who plays Abby)-- she made them look great.  Some others like Eileen Davidson, Camryn Grimes and Sharon Case were mentioned so I won't go into that.

Also,

Tonya Lee Williams

Nathan Purdee

Victoria Rowell 

Barbara Crampton (*on Y&R)

• Members

How can I forget Tricia Cast?! the woman who made the most sense out of the horrible "I'm back from the dead and I'm gay" crap....

though others may disagree, I think Jeanne Cooper always gave 100% even when she might have (or we didn't) not like the story....she sold the mother/daughter thing with Jill for almost 7 years IMO....

Archived