Popular Songs You Associate With Daytime Soaps

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To sound even more cheesy,  not really a hit song per say, but the theme song of "The Price is Right"....I always associate this iconic game show theme with Y&R/B&B obviously simply cause they all tape in the same studio and do crossovers with them from time to time.....but something about this theme reminds me of the golden day of CBS soaps, though I know they have kept the same theme for almost it's entire run...it just takes me back to the true glory days of CBS daytime in general...if that makes sense...

• Members

Oh yeah Chris Issak was big in 1995.  Shadows in the Mirror was the best.  I remember Sonny longing looking at Miguel/Brenda/Stone/Robin making Sundaes at Kelly's during that song and they used it a bunch after that.  They also used Things go wrong by him.  I want to say after Brenda had revenge sex with Ricky Martin and was crying in the shower.

• Members

Actually, Anne Murray recorded the song because of its popularity on ATWT. It was originally sung by the actress who played Heather Dalton on the show (Tonya something...Livia on AMC?). Then Whitney Houston and Jermaine Jackson sang it at Lisa's club on the show. Both Whitney and Jermaine put the duet on each of their solo albums.

• Members

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Anne Murray's "Now and Forever" used for both Roman/John and Marlena on Days and Cruz and Eden on Santa Barbara there 1986ish/1987ish?

I can think of a few 80s songs associated for a few Days supercouples but can't think of any 90's songs used heavily.  

Weird to think Victor and Nikki on Y&R even had a pop song to go along given the show's long aversion to any popular music until the Latham era. I could see easily see them getting the Brooks family theme or some other forgotten 70s score on Y&R(Love is Gone anyone?) but not an actual pop song. However I do recall  Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life" was played for Y&R's Best Show montage which in won back in 2004. 

Archived