Popular Songs You Associate With Daytime Soaps

• Members

For some of us soaps fans (back in the 70s and 80s particularly), there have been songs that became rather popular in the mainstream due to their rotation on daytime soaps. For example:

• Friends & Lovers by Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson, made popular by DOOL in 1985/6 thanks to it being Shane and Kim's song.
  • Baby Come To Me by Patti Austin and James Ingram was another big one due to its airplay on GH back in the early 80s.
  • Rise by Herb Alpert is forever associated by people with Luke's rape of Laura in the disco on GH in 1979.

What other similar songs come to mind for you?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Every Time I See Your Picture I Cry, by Luba, for the AW montage after Mac disowns Iris.

Hello Dolly for the superb "Hello Delia" fantasy on Ryan's Hope 

This Woman's Work, by Kate Bush, for a montage on Emmerdale in 2008 where a couple got their swapped baby back.

• Members

That, and it's just so hard to even associate that song with V/N these days because of how they are today versus the iconic love story (which of course always had major flaws anyways) to quote the song (and to sound a little cheesy myself) "There is no light to be found in this storm..."

LOL at "Pose"....gosh such a classic....

Archived