GH: Nancy Lee Grahn acts a fool, makes Buzzfeed

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will say she makes it very difficult to feel any sympathy for her when she chimes in with [!@#$%^&*] like 

Shut the !@#$%^&*] up before you have to change your name and move to Canada, Nancy!

• Members

This is possibly the whitest thing I've ever read in my life.

WAIT, does she think Harriet Tubman escaped slavery by digging through tunnels? Does she think...that the Underground Railroad was...actually underground? Hi Porsha.

• Members

Not sure how trusted of sources but various from DD:

This girl who used to work at ABC and has friends that still work there just said on Twitter that a decision about Nancy is being made right now but that she's definitely getting punished. 

Another person on Facebook who works at ABC also apparently said that she's going on break effective immediately while they decide what to do with her. 

Nancy is not being fired. A private FB account said they will keep her in a limited capacity. They don't want VD blamed for a fellow ABC actress losing her job.

• Members

What she was really thinking was that a black woman had no business winning such a prestigious award while she is stuck on a sinking ship. There are no excuses to be made here, this is all about white privilege and nothing else. Davis has a leading part now, but it definitely has not been an easy road to get there. Up until the past couple of years, there were no black actresses playing leading characters on dramas.

Grahn is angry because she can't get anywhere. It's like Lee Atwater said,  he had to find different ways to say "n*****, n*****, n*****" and Grahn did just that.

• Members

I agree with everything you say except this. She has had a cushy well paying job for over 30 years. She's doing better than the vast majority of people in this country (and world). She is somewhere and it's somewhere better than most people. Then she still has the nerve to bitch about one of the few black women who have a better acting gig.

Then she goes on and on defending herself instead of having the grace to just zip it. I might feel a little bad that she's getting this level of pile on, but she's never been shy about dishing out the nasty on twitter, so she can take her medicine now.

Archived