GH: Nancy Lee Grahn acts a fool, makes Buzzfeed

• Members

There was bitterness in that tweet. No matter how liberal she is, the idea of privilege is still there and she probably thinks it should have been her up on that stage as opposed to a black woman. And as I said in a status, it probably never set well with her that she tied for one of her Emmy wins with a black actress, Debbi Morgan. Grahn is finished when General Hospital is canceled, anyway, so knowing that compounds the bitterness.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even Patrick Mulcahey turned up for this and he couldn't fully defend Nancy, who he's known and worked with for 30 years.

As he says, I think she is a good person, and it's somewhat painful to watch her meltdown in horror since things got really bad - I think her heartbreak and confusion is genuine. And I think there's a lot of people who don't deserve the treatment they get on social media. But based on what she did, Nancy Lee Grahn is not one of those people. She fucked up bad and now she is paying for it. Twitter will move on from her, soon, but in the meantime she was probably drunk and caught with her hands on the keyboard wishing she had another star's career and thinking she could passively diminish the first black Lead Actress in television like she was, say, Jennifer Lawrence or some young, beautiful white woman who NLG's sour grapes would go unnoticed against and forgiven as being a knock against ageism. She made a bad mistake and she's going to have to learn something from it.

I can bitch about outrage culture and social bullying for hours, but this is one case where Nancy caught what she had coming. She also can't stop talking and excusing herself, which is not the way to go. Just shut the !@#$%^&*] up.

...oh, and she made People too. I just googled "Viola Davis" and NLG dissing her is the first thing that popped up. She's also in TheWrap and Us.

Archived