GH: Nancy Lee Grahn acts a fool, makes Buzzfeed

• Members

Sometimes I feel that way too. I remember the first time I heard Britney Spears talk. I was never a fan, but her allure as a beautiful young woman went right out the door when she opened her mouth (I'm not talking about the accent). At the same time, I'm glad when the really bad ones (Michael Muhney) show their asses, so I can stop supporting them ASAP.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!  I totally heart that girl sometimes.  And she was right.

I think that is why I love Susan Lucci as much as I do.  As frustating as it is sometimes to hear or read her carefully controlled responses, OTOH, I think she is savvy enough to know that the minute she REALLY lets it rip, it might chip away from the image that, quite frankly, she has built an entire career upon.

• Members

I think drunk and crazy. And seriously, she's had solid, steady work. Yeah she may not get the screentime she always wants but sorry Nance, only so much of Alexis propping up Julian we can take. Not like you're character exists without him anymore.

LOL. I love how that 'article' (can these things even be called articles anymore? Twitter recaps? And I swear TVGuide.com had an article that was all gifs ... like, really? You get PAID to do that? anyway ...) disses her completely. Who?

Clearly, Nancy should not have opened her fool mouth, but at the same time, I think with social media, we're too quick to condemn someone as well. I'm not really saying Nancy, more in general, it's a problem I've noticed. I detest social media. It has it's plusses but it creates instant reactions and sooo much drama when there often isn't anything there other than someone reading what they want into it and causing a big stir.

• Members

OK, I take back any minor defense I tried to give her. She tweeted this to someone:

the meaness of these ppl tonight. I feel betrayed by ppl I would've marched for.

How can she be so clueless? She had the balls to say VD has never been discriminated against a day in her life. How can NLG think that's possible? I just don't understand her.

• Members

She needs to stop tweeting RIGHT NOW. All she needed was one apology, direct and to the point. All she's doing is making things worse.

And the thing is, I do think that Buzzfeed underestimated her place in daytime/on GH. She is a great actress and I tend to agree with her more often than not politically. But she's made a fool of herself, whether it's largely a result of too much wine or not. And unlike the times where she's run her mouth on Twitter before (or anything Brydog or even Ron has said before), she really can't talk herself out of this. I'm actually willing to cut her some slack-- the intersectional side of feminism is something that I--a 26 year old, white, blonde-haired blue-eyed woman, and a PROUD feminist--have only really started to understand very recently, and I can see how women of a certain age might have just started to open their eyes to it now, because unfortunately, it is an issue that only really started to earn attention now (see also: the Taylor Swift/Nicki Minaj Twitter mess--although one can argue TS is using it as a shield to deflect criticism of her work. YMMV, of course.). But this was a BAD way for her to finally learn about it.

I'm just waiting to see if Shonda Rhimes will say anything now, because Nancy will REALLY feel the heat if that happens.

Also: She actually had the nerve to suggest Viola Davis hasn't faced discrimination in her career? WTAF.

Archived