GH: Nancy Lee Grahn acts a fool, makes Buzzfeed

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People can't make jokes anymore, cause a huge segment of the population just LIVES to be offended. As much carping as a I see about diversity on televsion.. just how many black female character/emmy wins should there be? Considering black women only make up 7% of the population? I would argue 7%.

• Members

Physician heal thyself. Moving on...

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for NLG. What she said was hella stupid (and tone deaf and petty and thoughtless) but there's nothing to be done about it now. She apologized. This isn't something that needs to become a mission. Piling on her won't create more opportunities for minority actors. It's outrage for the sake of outrage. People need to realize when they've won and move on. I really hate that this takes attention away from Viola's win. People are more focused on making NLG pay than celebrating this historic achievement by an actress who has been working her ass off for decades.

And for those that say this will hopefully result in minorities written as a lead on GH, I ask have you been paying attention for the last 15 years or so? Neither GH nor ABC is remotely concerned with anything but immediate damage control.

• Members

Up until now I was convinced that you said comments like this to simply cause drama and not because you actually are racist and sexist, which is why I was okay to friend you on FB.  I called you out on these comments via private message because I felt you went to far but you protected your beliefs and that is when I suddenly woke up.  I'm letting you know this here in case your under the impression my FB was disabled. 

• Members

alphanguy74, your posts show that you have a bigoted attitude or are just plain ignorant.

rhinohide, I felt sorry for NLG last night for about 5 minutes-- and then she started tweeting again. She doubled down and made things worse. She made excuses and said she phrased her words incorrectly. 

Then she said she was sorry again, but followed that with self-pity, asking aloud how anyone could find her racist. She wouldn't shut up and she wouldn't quit tweeting.

And then? She asked perfect strangers who tweeted her hours before for help, telling them she'd give them her phone number. It was a meltdown, but all self-inflicted.

i stopped feeling sorry for her because many of us told her to stop talking and JUST APOLOGIZE. She wouldn't do it.

Archived