RIP Jackie Collins

alphanguy74

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jackie is on the cover of the new People, in what is billed as her final interview, from 2 weeks ago. Thankfully there are no Duggars anywhere on the cover. 

She says in the story that she chose to talk about her cancer because her daughter Rory recently went through treatment for stage 1 breast cancer.

She also says that one of the reasons she chose not to tell Joan until recently was, as SFK speculated, she didn't know how Joan would handle it.

• Members

I watched several Jackie interviews last night, she was always so charming and fun.  I've never read any of her books, just caught bits and pieces of the filmed versions over the years.  I'll have to look into them.  The only novel of her style I've ever (partially) read was my mom's hardback of Scruples and I sure as hell was surprised by how graphic some of the language is, like, "My mother had *that* mental image in her head..."

Getting back to Jackie in interviews, she's so different from her big sister.  It's like whatever neuroses Joan the child/starlet/megastar/Dame had, Jackie was like, "Uhhh, I think Jojo's got that covered..." as she seems to be more chill, less guarded.  Nature/nurture, who knows?  Certainly an interesting sister dynamic as any.  At any rate, what a fabulous pair of siblings who've had such enviable lives.  They spent decades at the ball.

• 3 months later...

Archived