RIP Jackie Collins

alphanguy74

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a brave, beautiful, powerful woman.

I am so sorry she's gone. Breast cancer took Jackie's mother. So sad that it did the same to her.

My condolences to Dame Joan. Jackie gave a lot of people a lot of pleasure. 

She was a self made woman when it wasn't common. She was a true Brit with real grit. I loved her and I will miss her for the rest of my life. 

• Members

I read in one of those obits that she also lost two husbands/fiances to cancer. That she fought for 8 years with this disease, especially with what happened to her mother, is unbelievably brave. 

She didn't seem to have any of the conceit certain authors have. 

Sad to see her go.

• Members

Omg poor Joan. And RIP Jackie. It wasn't so much your BLOCKBUSTER books I loved  [(c) Lucky Bitches -- French and Saunders] (though they were page-turners), it was what a great interviewer and wit and raconteur you were.

She totally made it on her own, and she did it while gaining friends and admirers, not losing them. They don't make dames like her anymore. Her or Lauren Bacall ot Joan Rivers, I mean. :`(

• Members

Still so sad over this.

This is one of her last TV appearances, 9 days before she passed. I sort of wish I'd never seen it because she has lost a lot of weight and clearly something was wrong. 

By comparison, this was about a month before, where she still seemed her usual, robust self. It's one of the best interviews with her I have seen, her chemistry with Angela Bishop was phenomenal

But just over a week before her passing, with 6 years of cancer, and at 77, she was still writing daily, still had incredible wit, was fun and doing international book tours. I love her, always will. RIP, Jackie. :(

• Members

My mother and aunt were also only a few years apart and the best of friends.  I cannot imagine either of them keeping such a secret from the other.  I think this says a great deal about Joan's emotional fragility and Jackie's sensitivity to it.  

• Members

Dame Joan penned a beautiful tribute to Jackie, it's been widely circulated in the UK papers, with each of them making a donation to the Penny Brohn Cancer Care Centre at Dame Joan (and Jackie's) request. The last line took my breath away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3250435/Goodbye-brave-ballsy-beautiful-baby-sister-JOAN-COLLINS-reveals-don-t-think-ll-recover-losing-selfless-courageous-Jackie-best-girlfriend-had.html

Archived