DAYS: Another Actor OUT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok so im thinking will is attacked by the killer but brain dead and only Sonny as his hubby can make the call to pull the plug which he eventually did.

Dena did an interview that Daytime Royalty posted where she said that Paul would get story and that Sonny is gonna get recast eventually as the original actor didnt wanna come back long term

I bet this will be good fall out but I wonder if Freddie was pissed that Days killed Will

• Members

Honestly, I'd say DAYS is primarily responsible for minimizing the impact of death. I remember when they killed Hope's kid (for zero reason) after MELASWEN - it was like, eh, they can always bring him back or come up with a twin or use plastic surgery, etc. 

Regarding Will - I've disliked both actors tremendously BUT I'm having a hard time understanding the long-term benefit (v. DAYS' need for a quick fix) of killing off a legacy character with so many ties to the canvas. Perhaps, they felt like it made Sami seem 'older' than she is, but it's not like AS is coming back for good. Like Daniel, I'd rather they take these characters and make them the killer or conspirator or something. There are plenty of other characters (JOHN, ROMAN, BO, for starters) who should be killed off for good. Neither the characters nor the actors, all three of whom have shockingly limiting ability. They should've just hired Van Hansis - I don't care how old he is - at least he could act. 

• Members

LOL….its too bad they couldn't get Chandler Massey back in the role. He might have not been the greatest actor but he was nice to look at on tv.

Agreed…Guy was an awful atrocious actor!

Well thats good that they'll recast Sonny down the line. So I guess they will pair Paul with a recast Sonny?

• Members

Will shouldn't be killed off, just written out of town. Or recast. Why kill off a young legacy character like this?

I can't say I'm too surprised, though, as Ken's tone in his Plan To Save DAYS article seemed like he was saying, "thanks for the GLAAD award, guys, but we're gonna go ahead and 86 the gay story." But I could be wrong.

• Members

Yeah...you could already tell on today's show that Paul was becoming the main gay character in his conversation with Marlena which does not make sense (unless they wanted filler) UNLESS he was making that transition since he's John's son.

That said...if Will winds up in a coma and Sonny has to pull the plug...you know Sami would rain down so much havoc...

• Members

I tend to wonder if it was only Tomlin and Whitesell who were for it. The show half-assed it beyond belief with those other people I never remember the names of, instead having Massey smirk at EJ 24/7 so they could keep him sexless. 

If so, it's a shame. Other than B&B, which has never bothered, all the soaps tried for gay stories but as soon as ratings fell, backward they go, because it's not like there's any reason for a ratings drop besides men kissing or men being in bed together.

• Members

What an interesting turn of events.   It just goes to show the power of casting both negative and positive.  Guy Wilson was the motive for killing Will, and if the previous Will was still in the role I don't think there would be a chsnce in hell they'd kill him off.  DOOL needed to realize their mistake a year ago and recast the recast.

Archived