Hart to Hart reboot on NBC

Soapsuds

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I once joked about John Barrowman and Sean Hayes doing a reboot of "McMillan & Wife" -- but even THAT would make more sense than this ish.  This is about as uninspired and unnecessary as that "Murder, She Wrote" reboot with Octavia Spencer that thankfully never got off the ground.

• Members

Well, granted: The fact they are centering this around a gay couple surprised me. Didn't expect that.

So much of the magic of the original one, however, was the insane chemistry between Wagner and Powers (just like Duchovny and Anderson later on) and I don't know if it's even worth the trouble if you don't have that.

Still, interested to see if anything will be made out of this.

• Members

I like the idea, but this doesn't sound like Hart to Hart. I would prefer if it was a married gay wealthy couple, like the original premise. I just don't see the point in using the name if the background isn't the same. It's just a couple detective series as it stands.

• Members

Classic network lack of creativity.

I love the base concept, whether it is Hart to Hart, Nick and Nora, McMillan and Wife, or Robert and Holly Scorpio, but this doesn't sound like that.  Also, why is a gay couple more modern than a married straight couple?  Are straight couples out of style?  Does this mean no more children and mankind is doomed?   I guess they will cash in the butler for a wisecracking maid.  

• Members

A gay couple is more modern because it isn't something that is done and it reflects real life. Same way you have Empire and Scandal leading the new wave of soaps with black casts. That too is modern and a big deal because Hollywood typically won't take a chance with black leads in a major non slapstick/sidekick role. 

Archived