The Bold and The Beautiful - Dropping A Bombshell

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Completely disagree. Caroline took pills that weren't her own and she invited Thomas over. She bears equal responsibility for what happened. It's not like Thomas knew her hotel or room number and surprised her nor do he know she had taken Pam's pills. The story is another loser and we know that Caroline will become pregnant. She'll think (hope) it's Ridge's because of course Brooke and Widge are the only ones who know about the snip. It's a disappointing story with no one to really root for here. Ridge was a jerk, Thomas has been a creep since he returned and Caroline gets painted as a s--t even though they were over. Help me understand why anyone would care? I suppose having Brooke  in the gallery holding all the relevant cards could be entertaining, but that's not much. 

• Members

How did Thomas know her hotel and room number? Did he bust the door open? Did she tell him not to come over? Did Caroline turn down the wine? Did she not empty the bottle? Caroline certainly gave Thomas a lot of signals that said 'yes' and none that said 'no.' And this is my big problem with this whole story. Everyone looks bad. I go back to what I said two weeks ago - it should've been Rick/Caroline in this situation (in a few months) after Maya can't conceive and, say, Caroline discovered that Ridge hid his snip. That I could've gotten into and there is no way it would've been smarmy or had any 'ick' factor. 

• Members

I don't believe it's rape, but Thomas certainly took advantage of Caroline. Regardless of whether she took anxiety pills, drank wine or text her address to Thomas, she was in no fit state to consent. Thomas should never have slept with her when she was in such a vulnerable state - even without knowing about the pills, she was an emotional mess and not in her right mind. Any other situation and Caroline would not have gone near Thomas, and he knew that. Any decent guy would have been a friend, instead of acting all creepy and taking advantage. I didn't see a lot signals that said 'yes', in fact I saw an emotionally vulnerable woman who had too much to drink. Thomas is a creep.

• Members

tbh, I think y'all are getting ahead of yourselves. Caroline likely doesn't remember what happened so the writers can make it perfectly clear in flashbacks that she is the one that 1) initiated everything, 2) seemed in complete control. :rolleyes:

i would be surprised if TPDB left any room for doubt. 

• Members

I kinda agree with you there.  Not having yet seen today's episode (did I even see yesterday's?:unsure:), I have a feeling that Caroline is going to start to remember what happened and there could be some flashbacks of events that occurred that we viewers have not yet seen.  I really doubt that TPTB would bring Thomas back only to have him be seen has a rapist.  I could see Caroline coming to the realization that things did not quite happen in the way she assumed they did when she starts to recall what happened.

Archived