GH: September 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if they are going for a Godfather type storyline here where the son is forced to take over the business for the ailing father. 

I am a little disappointed in this new direction but I do understand I guess.   The mob is tired, was tired 10 years ago, and there is no more drama or suspense in seeing Sonny shot.  Smart cable TV would kill him off just like GoT kiled off Ned or TWD killed off so many,    This being not cable TV, but wimpy network daytime TV, Sonny will make a full recovery and will out and about inside of a month.

That said, after the Fluke story wrapped up, RC had no other stories going really.  There was FV or NV or whoever is writing the show to work with, so falling back in Sonny and Carly makes some sense.   It is easier to write the entire show about them than it is to write it about Anna.   They come with kids a supporting cast built in, and you get to work in their adult sons.

I have no confidence in the new writing team.   Soap hopping hacks who hop from soap to soap getting fired or writing final episodes because they got the show canceled does not bode well for GH.  If they were too boring for the eternally dull Y&R, how will they write anything for the faster paced GH?

• Members

More than likely and they're doing a fakeout with Morgan but we all know it will be Michael given his about-face with forgiving and loving Sonny and that out-of-the-blue comment to Sabrina about how Michael is just like Sonny a few episodes ago. So sad. Michael Quartermaine had such great potential.

I do appreciate the character-driven dialogue and the group scenes that were happening this week. It definitely felt improved. But I am now at that point where I don't think anything can save my investment in the show. There just simply aren't enough actors or characters I care about anymore. I'll see how the year ends and then I may call it, especially given the rumors surrounding various recurring cast members exiting. One says Leslie Charleson is retiring (is it forced?), the other says Lucy will have a few episodes and quickie reunion exit with Kevin, one says don't expect to see much of Brad/Lucas as "the homophobes have assumed control and exiled them to Siberia," another says Felix gets a quick exit with a dayplayer (his Nurses' Ball date perhaps), another says Tracy may be dropped to recurring.

Are any of these true? Who knows. But where there's smoke...

• Members

They've been in Siberia for most of their story. Should any of those other predictions come true, the show will be even sorrier than it is now. Tracey and the Q's should be front and center.  Michael is still a Q, but with his Corinthos upbringing, he should b e attempting a no holds barred raid of ELQ. As for Lucy...she and Laura should be re-opening Deception offices.....Where is that serial killer ....Nina, Franko, Kiki and Jillian are all ripe for the picking!!!( Could Days loan us theirs for a week?)

• Members

If it is really true that GH is dropping Jane Elliot (Tracy) to recurring, then I have one more reason to be mad at DAYS for firing Matthew Ashford.  I would love to see her back as Angelica, playing opposite Jack again.

Of course, DAYS might bring her back without MA/Jack there and have her do a storyline with Justin and Adrienne.  They fired Matt in 2006 right after Patch and Kayla came back.  The story was so ridiculous without Jack there, which was unfortunate since there was a huge story to be told.  And a couple years ago they finally did the story that J&J fans had begged for for years--Jack's rape of Kayla was revisited--without Jack on the show.  So I wouldn't be too surprised if Angelica comes back and her relationship with Jack isn't even referenced.  

• Members

If the show really does go ahead with all mob, and drops Lucy and Laura from the canvas entirely (among others), I will quit watching again. I have no problem doing that. I'm only hanging in for some vets and Genie Francis. When they're gone I am. I also have zero interest in Michael embracing Sonny's world again after what he did to A.J.

Archived