GH: September 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm calling it now, Ric is the one attacking Sonny's shipments. He hired Julian's former employee to pretend it was him attacking the shipments and fake a confession in order to imprison Julian for payback for the role he played in ending his relationship with Elizabeth. They totally planted the seed with the Julian vs. Ric scenes the other day and then Sonny making some comment to Carly about giving Ric the benefit of the doubt. Paying off Julian's guy would also explain why Ric was so desperate for Nina's money. He was probably broke after paying Hayden off.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree wholeheartedly. Rumor has it he was originally slated to be killed off instead of Silas so thank god they changed course. Just don't want to see him written out after this revelation that I think is coming but I'm sure he will be. More time for Kiki!

If I remember correctly, Julian named Ric as his boss and that's when things started to go downhill for him and Liz. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? And then obviously when he had to fake his death with Anna's help, which separated him from Liz. Plus, I think some of what Dante said is also true. Uniting with Sonny against Julian (even though he's sabotaging his own brother's shipments) will bring them closer and ensure Ric is "on Sonny's good side."

• Members

Good question. I would hope they don't go there again but he will probably end up hurting someone in some way. There's some vague spoiler for next week about Ric causing a scene:

"Ric causes a ruckus during a family crisis."

PS, I know no one cares but me, but does anyone think the reason they haven't updated the credits yet is they're waiting for Kristina to come back next week? I didn't think Lexi Ainsworth was on contract but the writers mentioned her in the new SOD as one of the younger character on the canvas, which seems odd if she's just coming in for a visit.

• Members

• Posted: Sep 3, 2015

GH's new head writers, Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante, provide an in-depth look at their vision for the show in the issue of Soap Opera Digest on sale tomorrow, covering such topics asGenie Francis's (Laura) status, their plan to bring more romance to Port Charles, the role of the hospital and the mob on the canvas, revitalizing the Quartermaines, the timing of the Jason reveal, the possibility of recasting Robin, and much more. “There is nothing more passionate than a GENERAL HOSPITAL fan,"Passanante says. "We hope that they will invest their commitment in the show and give us a chance, because I think they will be rewarded." AddsAltman, "We are excited to be here; we are writers and fans." Be sure to check out the can't-miss conversation

Omg omg this is from soapdigest.com. Jelly talking about their vision and smart tv I gotta go buy the issue. Omg Jeans comment there's nothing more passionate then a GH fan damn does this woman get it. Love the topic of more romance. These women are just diamonds in a mostly rhinestone soap industry lol. I will be posting the interview when I come across it.

• Members

The rumor is that

Anyway, it may be one of those insta-Ron plot points that immediately is revealed and comes to a head. I don't think Ric is necessarily long for the show, which is too bad because they could've gotten great mileage out of this scheme for a while. It is far more true to the character's insidious nature than his recent sub-DOOL level campy deeds with Hayden, Jason, Nina, etc.

Ric has always wanted everything Sonny has, he has always been twisted by a love/hate relationship with his brother that pollutes and contaminates his better self or anything good in his life. It makes perfect sense that he would work quietly behind the scenes, taken for granted by the rest of the town as an obvious operator with the DA/Nina [!@#$%^&*], while carefully undoing Sonny's empire to take it for himself and framing others. He's done that kind of thing before.

Archived