GH: September 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to say the scenes between Ava and Michael wowsa. This was what smarttv is all about. Deep pyschological complex writing that gets into our brains. West and Duell had spectacular chemistry. Just fabulous stuff. One week until Jelly are in the credits as Jean said on her twitter. The show tone is more serious, core vets and just fabulous stuff. Anyone noticed Rons pets Dr O, Franco and Nina have been missing? Jelly are off to a great start. Hearing November sweeps is amazeballs.

It's smart going back to mob Sonny it sold well. Jelly really are channeling Guza a bit in their new vision. This GH should be on Showtime.

• Members

If one is channeling Guza, then how is one's vision new?  Maybe instead of reviving these tired mob stories that brought GH to the brink of cancellation they should come up with their own idea of what GH should be that is new and different?    I will say the show is better, but that is because the worst actor on GH--Roger Howarth--has finally vanished.  He and Michelle Stafford actively make shows worse so of course it is better just by virtue of they not being on it.   That said, Rebecca Budig was sadly on today but she was easily FFed. 

If the new GH is just a return to Mob and Sonny and Carly and Jason then GH is doomed.   That direction is tired, and outside of GH is there some major renaissance for mob drama I am missing in the pop culture?  I don't recall anyone saying we need more mob, and yet here it is.

Archived