Days: September 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, they used old Roman and Marlena flashbacks and re dubbed them.  It was a mess.  They were trying to make it a legit love triangle, but it was stupid and they made him evil and it's annoying it invalidated all of her marriages afterward because it was so dumb.  I really wish they just brought Wayne back as Roman, but I don't think the actors have the spark they did in the 80's.  I don't think they even had it in the early 90's still.  But at least Wayne as Roman wouldn't be the useless wallpaper he is now.  And I can understand him when he speaks.

• Members

WTF with the timeline in this episode. It made it come across choppy and was unneceasry bc the material was actually good

Wasnt today supposed to be a special episode focused on Maggie, Caroline and Julie filled with flashbacks? Didnt see that....

A big WTF to Adrienne and Justin's reunion. This happened way too fast with no buildup. She's doing it for her GROWN as sons? Okay. Days MOVE AWAY from this stupid super couple mentality.

• Members

I can't even begin to express how happy I am to see some real sets back!! Bo and hope's house, marlena's townhome, and the real salem PD!!! Oh my gosh! So exciting! And the lighting is 1000x improved

ok this is not a spoiler it's my opinion and I am going to go ahead and make a prediction now- I think Daniel is the killer. First off we strongly suspect that Shawn Christian is out. Secondly, Daniel had been in what like 5 episodes since the writing change? I really hope this is true. Having someone who we aren't that invested in be the killer (Kyle, Rory, even Clyde or Ben) doesn't give enough involvement. It needs to be someone we know and even though  many of us don't like Daniel he is an established character who has had a strong presence on the show. How perfect would it be for it to finally be revealed that Daniel originally came to town not to save bo Brady in 2008 but to kill him and it just didn't go as planned ... And the whole time Daniel has been this evil character seducing all the women of salem trying to make himself somehow relevant and that he even switched his own egg baby DNA results to look like

he was Maggie's son and he also switched Parker's to make it look like

he was the dad (enter JPL as phillip) . It could have all Been the work of Salem's greatest com artist Daniel Jonas... I mean seriously think about it- where has doctor fan been during each of these murders?! Suspiciously off screen!! Please soap gods let it be true. 

• Administrator

I agree that DAYS has been so choppy. I don't know if it's the breakdown writing or the Dena and Josh's thrust, but whatever it is, it needs to be fixed.  I don't like it either when a "new day" starts in the middle of the episode. It just doesn't feel right.  I didn't like how we only saw Eve's perspective of Paige's murder.  We didn't get to see JJ's, or JJ tell his mom and Abby, and I thought for sure someone would've told Theresa by now since she's been on a lot this week - like during today's scene with Theresa waking up, why didn't Brady tell her right there, especially after they showed us the iPad with Paige's murder headline.   

Another example, the last act of Wednesday's episode (I think) had that Eve/Justin scene at the police station where Eve cries into Justin's arms, and Rafe showing up at Chad's room for the last scene.  Then in the next episode, they replay that Eve/Justin scene and Rafe is there.  That confused me, because I'm thinking, "Isn't Rafe at the motel with Chad?"  But then it's revealed that Rafe already brought Chad to the police station.   The continuation of scenes from episode to episode need to make sense.

I hope this isn't a sign of Josh and Dena not being able to juggle so many characters at once.  The tracking needs to be better.

• Members

Haven't seen today's episode yet. I thought I saw like 23 flashbacks were to be used but they used what, one? How shameful.

I agree things are uneven. We had no follow up with JJ and the same thing with Eric with Serena, until days later. And um, Theresa still has no clue Paige is dead. Which is odd to me because she was WITH Eve on the episode Paige got offed. I thought for sure they were on together for that purpose but nope. Instead Theresa gallivants all over town looking for a handout.

LOL at a new day starting in the middle of the episode. I don't really mind that though.

• Members

Love seeing so many sets again.

Marlena's outfit looks like [!@#$%^&*] and blends in with her townhouse. I love the Black family scenes, they're long overdue, but I really don't know that I care about John's past anymore.

Nicole and Kate are back to being fabulous and they exist as characters again.

Looove drunk and snarky Eric! Yes, more of this Eric please!

It's surreal seeing Caroline, Julie and Maggie so active and involved. Love the reminder of the Martin family and early show history! Yes!

Adrienne looks great. Does Adrienne realize how annoying Justin is now? Stay with Lucas even if you have no chemistry. I suspect a Lumi reunion.

Kassie is fabulous. That's all.

Archived