Days: September 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

Yeah, I assumed that I'd seen the last of little Ciara, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her again.  I do agree that it'll make the SORASing more difficult to digest.  Seeing her, I was beginning to think that the recast Ciara was months and months away, i.e., DOOL's way advanced shooting schedule.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kate and Nicole....wow it feels like they havent had a scene together in years. I forgot they even had history

Daniel is back and ewww to him growing not only his hair back but now sporting a goatee

So is the show going to put Eve with Justin? I could go for that? She needs to be interacting with adults and a new social circle would do her a world of good. Justin needs an attitude adjustment bc he is irritating

John is so old. Why is he back to doing ISA field work? IA with Brady in that he should have a desk job especially with his health issues the last several years. Now he wants to find out who he really is? Good lord, we are in for another retcon

Teresa and Kate teaming up.....LOVE it! I love how the show is mixing up the characters and having different pairs interact. Kate taking Teresa under her wing would be such a good development for Teresa.

• Members

While Days just continues to massively improve day to day, scene to scene, I thought Wednesday's episode was really lackluster - primarily the outline from which Ford wrote the script, and the directing.  While Casey isn't Dustin Hoffman, the writing just wasn't there.  He just discovered his GF lifeless body, he should have been heaving and panicking.  When Roman and Rafe walked into the bathroom, one of them should have had a line of personal sadness/devastation to show some momentary human response.  My biggest gripe is the way Eve discovered the news.  Imagine if Jenn had been there and had to accidentally deliver the news, then comforted Eve and broke hospital/police rules to get Eve into the morgue. Wow, that would have made the last year of their plot worth it.  

On the plus side, KA keeps bringing it home as Hope.  What a smart move to make her the central heroine again.  And her scenes with Steve have been layered and emotional.  Good work all around.

Throughout the episode I kept thinking how Scott McKinsey or Noel Maxam would have raised the stakes with stage direction.  Grant Johnson just doesn't have the skill in my humble opinion.  

Loved the Bo set up and dream/foreshadowing sequence.  

But writers:  take some risks with the breakdowns!

• Members

I just love how 'Smart' Days has becme!!   I swear, JEAN PASSANATENE and her wonderful goodyness is really the one who is writing this smart tv filled of romance and philisophical story telling and she's just crediting DH and JG because she wants to be modest and doesn't want to be deemed: The next Agnes Nixon, as that would be a hard role to fill.

• Members

I noticed that too, he's still as horrendous as always! He's friends with someone on the crew or something right? There's no other reason he should still be around. Who was the last person he was paired romantically with? Kate in like 2003? I'm genuinely asking lol.

Kassie brought it in the morgue scene! I don't know Eve well but I felt for her in that moment.

Coming in after a few years and not knowing some of the new characters, I LOVE Theresa and Chad. Solid actors and layered characters.

• Members

I loved the Kate/Nicole scenes - I may not be a Dena fan, but at least she has the ability to write Nicole properly. I Tomsell were giving the character some growth in 2013 when working at the church with Eric, but alas they had no intention of doing that. I loved that Nicole turned Kate down - in truth she would work with Kate if her back was against the wall, but it isn't - she has Brady, the most gullible man in Salem who happens to have a soft spot for her, backing her.

I also loved the Theresa and kate scenes. That was a perfect showcase of why Kate is flawless and frankly (and sadly) a very unique case of a confident independent woman on soaps today.

I liked this episode from start to finish, but was disconcerted that Theresa, Jennifer, Shane and Kimberly haven't been notified about Beige's murder. (or maybe they have and were bored by it lol).

I think he was paired with Marlena on Melaswen but I can't recall how far it went (while John was with Kate).

• Members

Yes.  She was pregnant in this century and we were supposed to believe that was possible.  I think and I could be wrong she lost the baby and that's what caused her memory loss and the whole Wayne Northrup as her evil dr/first husband thing (Sorry I can't remember the characters name)

Archived