Days: September 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was odd the day changed mid episode, and I am baffled as to why Theresa still doesn't know about Paige, but I was thrilled not to have to look at that eyesore of an outfit that Marlena was wearing. It was one of the worst things I have ever seen her wear. Awful. It glowed In the dark.

• Members

Usually if a new day starts in the same episode,the previous scenes were  late into the previous night eg after midnight. We can accept few hours passing in the ad break!

That Marlena/Alex story was adisaster.I always thought that Alex should have been involved with Samantha,who for some reason at that time pretended to be Marlena.We didn't know about Samantha's activities before she turned up in Salem,so there was alot of stuff that could have happened to her. 

• Members

I've begun watching Days again and I can tell  that it is getting  better. My family watches Days so when I was with them I would ask what was going on, what the major story lines were, who is the new face and particularly how are they related to existing characters. I like where Days is headed or the way I think it's headed. 

I'm thinking that the writers are going old school. Mostly 80s-Days pinnacle. They've brought back the super couples etc. I think they are going to repeat favorite storylines. For instance, you saw my fave character Lucas saying that he will pursue Adrienne. On the other side, you have Eve pursuing Justin. I think we're going to have a Lucas/Carrie/Austin/Sami redux but with Eve and Lucas vs power couple Justin/Adrienne instead. It's unclear to me whether Eve and Lucas are the end game or a transition to launch another pairing. 

For the serial killer I'm thinking Andre. We know it's not Chad. Someone is trying to scapegoat him. But who? I found the first piece of evidence-the flower from Dimera European estate very interesting. Andre would have access to the estate. Based on past history and his jealousy of Stefano's children, I wouldn't be surprised if he committed the murders to implicate Chad etc. Andre has a complicated history with Stefano and his children. Making Andre the Salem Stalker this year is basically redux to the Salem Slasher storyline from the 80s when Andre plotted with Stefano to impersonate the real Roman Brady and kill several people so that Roman would be framed for the killings. Andre wore a Roman face mask when killing people. Maybe he's wearing a mask of someone else's face this time around too?

Just my guess where things are going. There's not much originality in this business. I'd rather they retell good stories than bad original ones.

ETA: If I had my way, Jack Sr would be back with his wife, children, brother and sister, but I realize that it's not meant to be. I wish all the issues between Ken Corday and Matthew Ashford were resolved so that we could also see the Jen/Jack super couple reunion. I guess you can't get everything....

• Members

Julie really glossed over some major facts today. 

She and Susan were friends.  Susan and David hooked up after Julie refused to run away with him and elope and Susan was upset about her parents. Susan got pregnant.  Susan wanted to have an abortion, but Tom talked her out of it and she and David were married to give the kid a name... the plan was that they would separate after the baby was born. Susan had the baby and fell in love with the baby (she wasn't keen on having David's kid during the pregnancy. She and David even came up with a plan to induce a miscarriage by going horseback riding at the Martin estate, which didn't work).  Susan wanted to be a good mother and I believe wouldn't give David a divorce because she had come from a broken home and didn't want to do that to her kid.

Meanwhile, David and Julie started up again and David planned to leave Susan and baby Dickie.  The kid fell while in David's care and after a few episode died. Susan snapped and shot David. While this was going on Julie discovered that she was pregnant with her son David who is a Martin. That is pretty much how the Julie/Susan rivalry began. 

You have to hand it to Julie for tightening a story and making herself look like the good guy and not even mentioning that her son was a Martin. I am surprised that this all seemed to be news to Maggie.  Even though she wasn't in Salem, they must have talked about David's true paternity at Horton family reunions and stuff.

I'm not actually old enough to have seen this stuff first run, but several of the key episodes are available for viewing at the Paley Center in NYC. I've watched them several times. 

• Members

This makes sense.  Because Samantha did pretend to be Marlena during the Don Craig days.  I have always wished they kept Samantha around longer because I mean how lucky to have a real life twin, but the way she was killed off was pretty epic and I realize they don't look quite so much like twins anymore.  But that would have been much more fascinating than let's bring Roman Brady back as someone new and have Chris Kositcheck play Roman.  There were so many angels they could have gone with this story.   I would need like 6 mins to think of 10 better options.

Archived