B&B: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly have no idea where they plan on going with these characters now. I smell the back burner as Bell tries to decide what to do next. That'll probably mean the Ridge/Caroline/Thomas mess will be the only storyline for the foreseeable future since Bell has problems being able to juggle more than one plot at once

• Members

Very true. What could've been interesting is if they decided to tie the threads to Stephanie's family (Pam is Aly's biological great aunt and clearly her grandmother had some major issues.) It wouldn't have to be a therapy session, but more of a recognition that mental illness exists and that people just don't know how to handle it when it is standing right next to them. We just witnessed six weeks of angst over a video that we knew didn't even come close to reflecting what we saw on screen. What'd we get out of it? Poison as a 'face of Forrester' - a position that really means nothing. 

• Members

This show has gotten boring quickly. I have no interest in watching Ridge/Caroline and Ivy is no longer likeable...not that she was much to begin with. I'm tired of Liam...period.

They should shake things up again a bit....maybe Deacon gets bored while Quinn is spending all of her time at Forrester and he starts an attraction to Donna. Anything...just bring something into the equation.

• Members

Agreed. Six straight weeks of terrible and illogical story, except for the brief Raya wedding episodes, and I took it off DVR. I don't see anything coming down the pike in the near future to bother. The good news, I suppose, is that could change by end of month, but there aren't even lingering or backburnered stories in the wings.  

• Members

Donna! I'd totally forgotten that she even exists. I don't even remember the last time we saw her. I agree, the show is stale and needs a shake up. I'd be really hesitant about Deacon cheating, b/c we'd probably get lazy psycho Quinn back, instead of something more nuanced.

There's a lot of characters with either no purpose or direction (Bill, Katie, Quinn, Deacon, Brooke, Carter, Oliver, Pam, etc). The Liam/Wyatt rivalry is a tired copy of Ridge/Thorne, but more lazy and worse; bitch Ivy has been a highlight, but character destroying; the less said about the super predictable Ridge/Caroline/Thomas mess the better.

• Members

Tuned in this afternoon, and what's the general opinion on the new Thomas? He seems pretty good so far.

Sometimes I wonder what this show would be like if they replaced character's names with their relationships to one another. "You wanted to build a life and have children with [my son]." "And now I will do it with [your ex-husband]." Completely paraphrased and not word-for-word, but that's basically how it went.

• Members

I hate the new Thomas but then I never gave him a chance ever since I heard the casting news. It doesn't help that I feel that the character is completely unneeded and that the same story could be told with Rick and it would be 300% better.

I haven't watched in at least a week now. Reading the spoilers it doesn't seem like I will be back anytime soon.

Archived