What They Did and What They Should Have Done...Casting Miss-haps

• Members

When a show casts a good actor in a clunker role...

Who you think the actor would have been better off playing...Discuss

DAYS:  What If...

Crishelle Stause had been cast as Stephanie Johnson instead of Jordan Whatever her name was...

Melissa Archer were Sarah Horton instead of Serena they could have...

Paul Telfer had been Alex Kiriakis instead of Xander the cousin....

Daniel Cosgrove had been cast as Peter Blake (under the false name Aiden Jennings)....  While Hope had started to fall for "Aiden" 

GH:   What if ...Maura West arrived as Elizabeth's manipulative mother, rather than Ava Jerrome....

Any thoughts?  Who are the clunkers you would have put in different roles?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hah when I saw the thread title and "casting mishaps" I assumed this was a Charity Rahmer thread :P

But definitely agree with your days ones above, especially MA as Sarah Horton.  They've done too much lately of casting good actors in random roles instead of legacy roles.  Then they get cut from the show.  Whereas the actors playing recast roles of characters we know (ie: Greg Vaughan, Kassie de Paiva, Casey Moss, Billy Flynn, etc) are doing much better (not counting Guy Wilson). 

• Members

MW would be too young to be Liz' mother. That shouldnt have been a role for her

Days: Crishell should have been Cassie. I thought she would be bc they were being secretive about who she would be playing and Kate was randomly mentioning Cassie on the show. What a waste

Guy Wilson should have been random extra #13

AMC: While I enjoyed her as Liza, Jamie Luner definitely should have been a Skye recast

• Members

Love Kassie DePaiva but she shouldn't've been brought on as Eve. They should've either brought her on as Sandy Horton (Tommy's daughter) or Jessica Blake (Marie's daughter/Nick's mother). Charlotte Ross was too killer in that role to recast it. 

Sean Carrigan should've been Chuckie Roulland instead of Stitch. He was already a doctor. Why not make him Snapper's son/Jill's nephew? His tryst with Victoria would've had as much payoff as Billy would've been betrayed by family. Plus, it would've given Jill something to do as she could've been conflicted. 

And keeping it in the family, Scott Elrod could've easily been Brooks Prentiss, a young businessman that came to town to screw with Victor as Victor once-upon-a-time took his father's company from him. He would've automatically been tied to Chuckie, as they are step cousins, and he would've automatically been in the clan with Jill, thus giving her more story opportunities. 

Said it in another thread but Robert Scott Wilson should've been Nicky Alamain. They paired him with Abby already. Why not make it a pairing that would've flustered Jennifer? Abby dating the son of her rapist. Again, it could've opened the door for so many returns. Carly. Lawrence. Vivian. Would've made more sense for Melanie's return during her short stint. But if that wasn't good enough, he could've been Andrew Donovan too. With Abby and Theresa at each others throats in previous years over JJ, it would've been sensible to pair Abby with her foe's brother. Classic soap. 

Billy Miller should've been made Sly Eckert. Would've made more sense instead of making him Jason, who IMO, should've stayed dead. Would've made more sense for Sly to come back to town during that arc when Luke was going bonkers and was under Helena's control. And now with Paul back in town, it just makes the whole thing another squandered opportunity to bring a fresh character with familial ties back to the show. 

Rebecca Budig should've been Sarah Webber. Her and Becky play off each other well, so why not bring her on as Sarah? Then Ron could've implemented his little plot of Sly/Sarah being married in the past, and Sarah coming back to town to bust the now newly Sly/Liz pairing. 

Love Gina Tognoni but she should've been Grace Turner instead of Phyllis. Phyllis should've died offscreen and Grace could've easily slid in and did what Phyllis previously did--be a vixen. 

• Members

While I was not a viewer of that show, the main one I remember was in the 90s on As The World Turns, when they replaced a popular actress in the role of a character named Connor with a former OLTL actress, Susan Batten.  The poor former OLTL actress took a pounding from unhappy viewers.  The other I remember is from the 80s--Robin Mattson playing Delia for a few months on Ryan's Hope in 1984.  As good as Robin is (I love her), this was a very unwise choice for that role.

Archived