Ladies of London

Taoboi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Honestly, I tried with the first season but this show sucks. I found it shocking how poorly it showcased London, one of the world's greatest cities and a personal favourite of mine. 

The women are not likeable and their faux pretension is wearing. They're not the real ladies of London - Caroline Stanbury might think she matters, but she doesn't. 

• Members

Only woman I knew from season one was Caprice, who I felt got a horrible edit. No wonder why she didn't agree to sign on for the second season. 

IMO, this displays both Brits and Americans in a bad light. While Annabelle and Caroline were pretentious and elitist, the American women were no better. Especially Marisa and Juliet, who both came off extremely thirsty and eager to climb the social ladder. 

I get that the UK (and a lot of Europe) focus a bit more on class than other prejudices, but this show took it to the extreme. I'll try and watch this season b/c I love the scenery but I don't see myself sticking to it. 99% of the women are repulsive. 

• Members

Ohhh, DF.

I admit that I am sorry about Noelle as well, but given what happened to her fiancée, I can understand.

I am also curious about how Annabelle will be given that she was sidelined by her horse accident. Given how people feared her, I want to see it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

After watching the repeat, I would have to agree with Marissa...which I found funny since I did not like her last season at all.

Juliet has always been thirsty for the acceptance. She was like that last season and it looks like she will be that way this season. How dare she do what she did. She should have told her to cancel.

• Members

I watched it. The show still doesn't impress me: it's the damn Americans like Juliet pretending they know what the hell they're talking about in London.

Caroline Stanbury is still incredibly impressed with herself - oh well that's fine. She's sort of hilarious. 

Annabelle is the real deal, and I like Julie Montagu. 

I could not believe Juliet being such a selfish, stupid, bitch. I don't know why Marissa bothers. 

I'll be watching next week.