John Aniston 40 Years on Soaps

• Members

In 1975, John Aniston took on his first contract role on a soap with the role of Eddie Aleata on Love of Life. (He had previously played Eric Richards on Days in the late 60's)During that time he married his co-star Sherry Rooney (Dory Patten) After 3 years,he moved onto the role of Martin Tourneur on Search for Tomorrow working with daytime legend Mary Stuart,which he played until 1984.In 85,came the role of Victor Kiriakis,which he has played ever since.

Any thoughts or comments on the actor?

anistonjohn75.JPG hayesaniston.bmp 479953187-pictured-john-aniston-as-victo aniston_john.jpg 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know next to nothing about his earlier roles.  But Victor was one of the great bastards of all soaps.  I remember him tormenting Kim and Shane, and his attempts to ge close to Bo.  I loved the twisted Bo/Carly/Victor story, and enjoyed him through Deborah Adair as Kate.  Then Reilly clearly didn't want to write for him, and he drifted.  I enjoy his smartass comments now, but he's not the menace he was.  It might be interesting to let him be truly bad again.

• Members

I think he's great.  He has a very real yet entertaining quality to his grouchiness and wisecracks, and not many characters get to play perpetual disdain.   There is just about nobody Victor has any use for, and that is what makes him funny.  He also delivers his cracks in a way of speaking you can totally sympathize with and understand his eye rolling at everyone--if not at his target then at someone you personally know and feel about them the way Victor feels about Carly, Chloe, whoever. 

Has he ever acted in anything outside of soaps?  I feel he would have made a good character actor as a shady lawyer or businessman, and I honestly think he has a flair for comedy they don't really use. 

• Members

I don't really know what's going on with Victor these days.....but I always enjoyed his relationship with Nicole and the marriage from hell they had....watching old clips, he was so cruel to her....I think he was probably meaner then Victor Newman those years.....but it was deliciously entertaining....Him and Ari Zucker had great comedic timing together.

• Members

John Aniston/ Victor has always been one of my favourites. I concur with the above posts that his relationships with Kate and Nicole were always facinating to watch. I'm a huge Louise Sorel/Vivian fan, but her desperation for Victor and Victor's disdain for Vivian grew old very quickly for me.

Archived