August 10-14, 2015: GH Continues to Sink; New Low in W18-49 Demo

Toups

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will be curious to see if they start by clearing the canvas of too many characters. My list: Kiki, Ava, Rick, mother of Nina, Morgan for start. I would much rather have core family of Webbers, Hardy and Q's. Some Sonny & Cassadine.

• Members

I think we have to look at this issue in context of the times.  During the 70s, the conventional wisdom was a sort of "don't ask, don't tell" policy.  Many, many people in high places had the idea that using drugs was fine and nothing more than someone's personal business, that is, as long as  the drug user in question was fulfilling all their responsibilities on the job and as a part of society.   Allegedly, then, the "drug problem" wasn't a problem at all.  GH's rise to the top would almost seem to confirm that false outlook, so, I would believe that Gloria Monty was willing, at the very least, to look the other way.  Why would anyone be surprised about drug use on the set at the time anyway?  I mean, it was the 70s, after all!

• Members

OldGHFan: Baaawaaaah!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's wrong here.  Too many newbies, too much mob, not good stories.  Enough already!  Pull a Gloria Monty and get on with it!

SarahJoyBrown:  GH cast needs to be cut.  Focus on character driven stories, less plot points.  Move stories along.  Do a natural disaster.  Bring back Jason Quartermaine focus on the core families....focus on the hospital...it is General Hospital.

EXACTLY!

Archived