Black Lives Matter activist, Shaun King, outed as being a white man

Cheap21

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nevertheless, this has given me a terrific idea for a "Simpsons" spec script.  That is, if they haven't done this already.  Not that it matters, of course, since they have been repeating themselves for years.

• Members

I read his reply, but frankly, that does not read like a direct denial.

I have no time for right wing sites like Breitbart, but that doesn't change how over I am this kind of crap when it comes from well-meaning liberals. Whether or not King is a fraud, the story is the same for so many others. We're expected to 'look at their work,' but that becomes impossible. It's about the lie.

• Members

Did anyone ever see that PBS documentary Little White Lie?  It was about a girl who begins to have doubts about her racial background and suspects that her Mother has been lying to her, and eventually finds out at 16 that the father who she was raised with wasn't her actual biological father, and that her biological father is African American. Although she never really connects with her bio-dad she decided to self identify as an African American woman.  It is an excellent documentary but it makes me wonder whether she has heard about this and what she thinks of it all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's a new chapter to this saga.  Apparently, the guy who posted the attack on Shaun King on Breitbart is a prolific Internet troll who has serious problems.  He's also just been arrested for inciting an act of terrorism:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/11/terrorist-troll-pretended-to-be-isis-white-supremacist-and-jewish-lawyer.html

Archived