DAYS: The New Teen Scene

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It will work (unless all the actors suck). The audience will care about them, even more so if the writing is there. These aren't unconnected teens. Chase sort of is but not really. DAYS is actually able to do this pretty well with their teens, TBH. I'm not worried and am looking forward to all of them. I love their looks and that Corday says they will all be flawed.

Agreed. And I think it will. For some reason I just have such a good feeling about them.

they are establishing them separately. Did you even read the article? Joey starts this month, Ciara and Chase not until the very end of October with Theo right behind and then Claire not until the very end of November, and they're bringing back Shawn and Belle on top of her. They're all debuting months apart from each other. Ciara and Chase two months after Joey. I mean, how much more spread out do you want it? You can't really age one of Ciara, Chase and Theo without the others, etc. They're all around the same age anyway so it makes sense they're now all teens.

• Members

Considering how this cast would not really work using the same sort of boy + girl + jealous other girl + sidekick male (or female) friend + friend of main boy template, just judging by how all these characters are somewhat main considering their pedigree... what should we expect? I'm not really here for Ciara being neoSami, and Claire being neoCarrie while Chase plays Austin... I'm hoping for something INVENTIVE, here? Please? There are so many teenage dramas going that DAYS could lift from... I want characters w/ DEPTH, please. u_u

• Members

the good thing is that these kids all have history with the show. Well to a lesser degree Chase, but he's tied to Ciara and Hope through childhood so he's not some random newbie created for this. I hate that they have him as a brunette now though. I wish he had stayed blonde

• Members

The girls and Theo look good. I don't know about those other two...

And yes, Vee, that is prejudice.

But really they are NOT cute. The hell.

I have a question, has this ever really worked? The announcement of a teen scene? I guess Shawn and Belle and all their friends "worked" but mostly what I remember if a ton of complaints about how annoying they were.

• Members

Blind as a bat!

As for who and why, I'd rather see Theo and one of the other boys. We can mix up the gay/bi hues in 2015.

On paper, rolling the kids out like this can work IMO. It has before many times - just not on DAYS.

Archived