DAYS: Countdown to the new "Days" updated teaser

• Members

COUNTDOWN TO THE NEW "DAYS"...NEW HEAD WRITERS DEBUT NEXT WEEK...TEN EPISODES UNTIL THE FIRST RETURNS!

Please register in order to view this content

"Days" fans, the time has finally arrived! The new head writing team of Dena Higley and Josh Griffith debut next week. And, make sure you mark Friday, August 28 on your calendars. That's certainly going to be a momentous day for "Days" fans, as it marks the beginning of the many upcoming returns of fan favorites!  

Here's a recap of the upcoming cast changes fans can look forward to. Judi Evans (Adrienne), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) and Wally Kurth (Justin) have all signed contracts and will be appearing more frequently. Bill Hayes (Doug) and Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), the two actors with the longest history on "Days", will be appearing on a more regular basis. Camila Banus (Gabi), Tamara Braun (Ava), Jason Cook (Shawn), Martha Madison (Belle), Stephen Nichols (Steve), Thaao Penghlis (Andre), Peter Reckell (Bo) and Alison Sweeney (Sami) will all be reprising their roles. In addition, expect some of the current long-running cast members, such as Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Drake Hogestyn (John), to take on a more prominent role in storylines.

"One Life to Live" actor John-Paul Lavoisier will be debuting as Philip Kiriakis, the son of Victor and Kate. "Santa Barbara" actor A Martinez will be debuting as Eduardo, someone with ties to several people in Salem (in several tweets from the actor, it seems that he will be playing Gabi and Rafe's father, but this is yet to be confirmed). "All My Children" actress Sal Stowers will be debuting as Lani (in an audition posted online, Lani supposedly is a former romantic interest of Chad's, but this is yet to be confirmed).

Contest winner Alexander Bruszt debuts as Finn, a new Australian doctor in town. The newly-aged generation of "Days" includes James Lastovic as Joey (Steve and Kayla's son) and Olivia Rose Keegan as Claire (Shawn and Belle's daughter). Vivian Jovanni and Kyler Pettis join the cast as the newly-aged Ciara Brady and Theo Carver.

The current storylines will start being wrapped up at the end of August. Cast exits announced so far, which will take place throughout the end of summer and into the fall, include Melissa Archer (Serena), Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden), True O'Brien (Paige), James Read (Clyde), Freddie Smith (Sonny) and Paul Telfer (Xander). As has now been announced, there will be some deaths in Salem, so don't expect all of these characters to leave Salem on a happy note.

Fans continue to hear rumors of more exits and more returns. While I can't announce any names just yet, there will be additional exits and additional returns not yet announced.

There's lots of drama, intrigue and excitement coming to Salem. Make sure you don't miss it!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can we PLEASE have some real Horton returns for Christmas? Why is that so hard? I know cash is tight but Corday has some deep pockets ... throw Bill, Laura and Marie in there, dammit. I also hate how Mike hasn't existed as a character for 16 years. SIXTEEN YEARS people. Well, aside from his 2010 hospital bed stay which nicely touched on his relationships with Lexie, Carrie, Jen and his parents. 2010 with the returns for Alice's memorial were so good and well done. Bill, Marie, Laura, Carrie and Jennifer (real Jennifer, before her heart was taken out, literally, by Daniel) just seamlessly fit right back in. Instead of watching "Daniel and Clyde of Our Lives" we should have been watching Mike and Bill.

Well clearly Hope and Rafe will be a thing. Meh. Why is Galen still around? Sigh. I like him but Rafe has and never will be very interesting to me. I think if they write him right, he can be. I liked his friendship with Nicole and even with Hope and Gabi but I just a waste of a spot that could go towards someone with actual history on the show.

LOL at Kristian and Galen.

Galen: "As actors, you love when the writing you have for your character reflects who you think your character is and, at times, that's now always the case. It is now."

Kristian: "Absolutely, I'm thrilled to say that I recognize my character," Alfonso continued. "For a few years, it was in and out, uncharacteristic for her to say things and do certain things. I have to say that she's back. Hope is back, and I embrace her and I'm enjoying her. She's completely unpredictable."

Praise Jesus. Welcome back Hope.

Let's hope the real Jennifer is back, too.

What's Missy's status? What are they doing with Jennifer? Could she be offed?

Sigh. Sorry for the essay... but how well utilized will Doug and Julie actually be? We get a few weeks or months here and there over the years where they seem to be used better and then they're shipped off again on another cruise. Can we expect them to actually be on regularly? They need to be the matriarch and patriarch of this show. Badly.

• Members

Agreed on the Hortons. It'd sure be nice to have all those return, even if just for Christmas. With this throw-out-the-kitchen-sink reboot, or however Corday phrased it, one would hope that a re-emphasis on the founding family would be strongly considered. Especially considering how successful their 2010 Horton homecoming was for Alice's funeral. We had viewers begging for recast Bill to stick around. Plus, Marie's still alive and kicking, as is JLB as Laura. Here they are, the remaining original characters from the 60's, still relevant and integral to today's canvas. Use them! Just sayin'....

Archived