Straight outta Compton will premiere with increased theater security

alphanguy74

• Members

I know exactly why that is, thank you. That's how statistics work. You get to massage them and twist them and filter them. The truth is that white people kill each other at about the same rate that black people kill black people but white people don't have a problem with that. Just like more white people get killed by cops than black people and more white people are on welfare/food stamps/etc... but that doesn't matter because for some reason the people with the historical disenfranchisement in this country are held to a higher standard than the majority.

The interesting thing will be watching that crime rate increase as white people move into the minority. That won't be pretty.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not for nothing, but as one of my friends pointed out, are the police even aware of the average age of NWA fans?  Black dudes in their forties aren't rubbing on the Tiger Balm and headed out to shoot up movie theaters.  I hear more about NWA from my upper middle class white twentysomething friend who got all preachy on Facebook over the"disrespectful" "Straight Outta (blank)" memes.

• Members

And yet you are salivating at the prospect, popcorn in hand.

I find this post and almost everything about it ridiculous.    The last sentence especially is borderline delusional.  I don't need to ask for clarification here.   You are hoping as whites become a minority crimes rises.   Then you can use that to explain away whatever it is about crime patterns you want to justify.  Deny it if you want, but to be honest I won't believe you.

• Members

No, it's meant to be proof that rap attracts and incites violence, hence my Tina Turner reference in the original posting.... meaning REAL black music elevates and doesn't degrade (Why do you think she lives in Switzerland). But I wouldn't expect you to understand that, since your'e so fixated on that whore from trinidad with the ass implants. Get some taste, and add Mama Africa to your collection. She actually did something with her life and career instead of rapping about money and buttcheecks.

• Members

Thank God you're here to help black people choose the right music. Would you be interested in a lecture on why country breeds white supremacist killers?

ETA: From now on, can people please refer to me as "that whore from trinidad"

• Members

I don't have to salivate in anticipation of a shooting. We get one every two weeks or so now.

But you're right, I'm going to love watching white people move into the minority but it's not about the crime rate. I'm going to enjoy watching white people navigate the minority experience. We already saw it with Obama. Certain white people don't believe that a government run by minorities can represent their interests. That's why we keep hearing refrains about Obama/Holder. Yet, through America's history minorities have been expected to trust a government that didn't look like them. The things that minorities have had to accept as the norm will drive white people insane. 

I want to see white people show us how to be perfect minorities.

Ain't that the truth? This movie is geared at Gen Xers. It's pretty much like all the other black biopics we've seen over the years: Ray, 42, Red Tails, Get On Up. I don't recall a big body count at those. A quick Google tells me that it was the same for this movie.

• Members

It's really an all or nothing issue.  The high-profile premeditated acts of violence in recent years were utterly unpredictable for the victims.  Anyone at any time can go ham in a public or private place.  There are times during my daily Metro commute where it'll flash through my mind, "Will today be a day where something horrible happens on the train?"  I have the same thoughts at the mall.  My senses are just sharpened in our modern world.  I'm all for metal detectors in movie theatres (maybe not so much bag checks as they'll bust us for our smuggles snacks :P).  But seriously, the notion that a bunch of gang bangers head out to the movies to stir [!@#$%^&*] up [!@#$%^&*] in the is just so corny and out of touch.  A fight can break out anywhere, a person of any race is capable of horrific violence.  You might as well go all out and profile black people at Tyler Perry movies.  So implement your metal detectors, check bags if you must, but do it for every show, for every airing, for every person who walks through the theatre doors.

• Members

That's apparently the plan. It's interesting to me to see private companies forced to take on the financial liability that comes with a gun happy culture even as gun manufacturers have been given immunity. At some point companies are going to look at their balance sheets and decide that they don't want to absorb the costs of the gun lobby's irresponsibility.

• Members

And I'm anticipating the outrage, parents incensed that their children have to be subjected to metal detectors and searches.  You've got to take the good with the bad and everything inbetween.  It's not as if adult human beings are above exploiting their own children for nefarious agendas.  This all is just going to drive more and more people out of theatres, which I'm sure are already suffering in this age of streaming.

Archived