What do you do for a living?

George008

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a full-time university student, I take piano lessons and harmony, and have a part-time job at Zellers as a cashier (pretty good hours and pay but either boring or annoying...) And I don't know if it's because it's a retail company but their rules annoy the heck out of me. I recently had to sign some agreement about which entrances we're allowed to enter and leave at (I don't care..I'm entering through the mall..not from outside where I have to walk around the mall) :angry:, where we keep our personal items (by customer service...whatever)...their lockers aren't even big enough to fit anything in them. Coming from school...there's no way I can't bring my backpack with me. <_< I used to work at Tim Hortons and as crappy as their hours and pay were, I liked the work atmosphere a lot better.

• Members

I am a college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management (yes, there is a degree for this). I am currently a Front Desk Agent at a resort and convention center not too far from Disney World and the next couple of weeks we are gonna be really busy b/c we have Lockheed Martin, Helwett-Packard, and US Department of Defense staying at the hotel. And can I just say that hospitality is the ideal place to build up your tolerance against SH*T!!! I mean, NO ONE can say anything to me to make me mad b/c I deal with complete jerks all day :angry: . I don't know why people think they can come to my hotel and have the world served to them on a silver platter. I do not think so. We are not the Ritz. Keep it moving. But yeah, I work with cool people during my shift, just got a raise, and my hotel has another property in California so I hope I can transfer out there next year :D .

• Members

I wait tables at a fine dining Italian/American restaurant in my state's capital, which can be a rather interesting experience. You've never seen such smoozing in your life amongst the government bigwigs, lobbiests, and politicos. I've waited on the leutinant governor and former NFL player/MNF commentator (and Iced Tea spokesman) Don Merideth. Both the current governor and former governor come in from time to time (along with various congressmen and senators and cabinet members, yadda yadda). I hate the bulk of them (damn Republican administration. I hear it was a much cooler experience when the Dems were in charge). Still, it's probably the best money I've ever made (especially when those large parties with $1,500 tables roll in).

And, Kirk, I can appreciate your KY *love* :lol: . I'm KY born and raised and live in Frankfort and I don't care too much for it, either. :lol:

• Members

i work for our local government doing office work. My main job is to scan documents into the database all day long but lately i've been working on data recovery. Its soooo boring and i'm left in the office by myself alot because i work in the IT dept. and my co-workers are usually running around fixing peoples computers. I want to go to school for graphic design and web design though.

Archived