Y&R: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

I get your point about Marissa, and mostly agree.  But I see something between those two.  She does come across like a whole lotta woman for Noah, and that crap about Courtney was a WTF moment for sure.

I always liked Sabrina.  She wasn't popular on this board but I liked her.

"Interesting" is not the word I would use.  :rolleyes:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was so nice not having to see Billy and Victoria's ugly blue house set. They are so boring my God. NEXT

Jack and Victor are both pieces of sh!t. Phyllis was raped and Aunt Jack is whining over his hurt ego. Victor took no responsibility which was expected but just goes to show how vile he is. I hope Phyllis' next story is a successful revenge plot against the mustache.

I like Marissa but Noah is a big blob of bland,

I'm glad Chelsea is giving Adam a hard time and she's spoken nothing but the truth when it comes to him and his obsession with Victor. While she talks a good game Its obvious she's always going to take him back though, and I like them together so I'm not even mad about it.

• Members

Was Jack really that terrified by a steak knife?  Give me a break.

Phyllis and Victor discussing her rape so calmly in the GCAC lobby?  Pathetic.  Phyllis should spitting nails, not this [!@#$%^&*]. If they're trying to soften what Victor has done, him sitting there saying "it wasn't me" and "I'm protecting my family", ya got that?  isn't going to work.

I've said before that I think RA is adorable, but if they're going to go with the pairing with Marissa it's time to recast.

Villy zzzzzzzzzz

• Members

I had it on mute during a con call most of the show but I did unmute and had the unfortunate experience of hearing Victor/Eric Braeden end 4 sentences with, "OK?"   "OK?"  "OK?"  Get whatever acting coach back in there that Y&R had about 2 months ago but he actually did STOP that nonsense.  Now he's right back at it.  He's horrible.  Wasn't he fired once?  Could someone please do it again if he can't stop it already?  OK? Show is so on the downhill right now.  B&B - don't even know what to say - people were saying a few weeks ago that it was the best soap they've ever seen - which made me laugh.  Now it's a total snooze fest.  I don't care about any of the characters.  Brooke is a placemat/doormat.  Everyone loves Maya.  Thomas is creepy.  Nicole's runway thing the other day was downright stupid.  Oliver has disappeared.  Aly's death - don't care.  That's been dropped over the past couple of days...Ivy missing, fast forward romance with Wyatt - who cares.  Wyatt's always there to scrape up crumbs - and he's a horrible actor.  I saw one day last week when he said to Liam, something like....do you not TRUST me?  Something about moving quickly and why would he move in on Ivy or Steffy so quickly....so stupid. Why would someone think you would move in quickly?  Did you not marry Hope 2 hours after your mother pushed Ivy off of a bridge????  It's all just way too much.  Why is Deacon on this show?  Does he ever do anything???  When I watch these shows it's like the writers have no respect for the fact that we have brains and remember something that happened a week or two ago.  It's so bad.  When people say that soaps are dying because of talk shows.....NO.  Soaps are dying because they are BAD.  I'd much rather have 3 HOURS of Ellen Degeneres each day than this. 

• Members

We got 5 minutes of the 'real' Phyllis - when she tricked Marco and clocked him. After that, back to passive stepford wife. C'mon, Phyllis would've clocked him and racked him a few more times while down. Moreover, she would've tied him up while he was down and probably splashed bleach on his face or carved "RAPIST" on his forehead. 

The calm Victor thing was bizarre. Based on the spoiler casting (and Marco's phone call at cabin), I'm guessing that person met Marco at that place, arranged his face and engineered all this. Victor 'discovered' it and has to manage it as his grandkids SO's were being killed. Oy. 

• Members

This Marco/Yack storyline  needs to start wrapping up, soon...yawning....

Old man River(Burgess Meredith,LOL)  would have been a good re-cast Cole than Billy, and watching him make out with Snotoria just didn't cut it..FF

I like JH, but today's Paris story could have just as easily been played in Genoa City.

Noah/ Marisa aren't bad, but I like her better in scenes with the adults...

• Members

Stitch "hero doctor" is lame.  The bed ridden Marine looks good though.

is this Parragon thing a red herring?  WTF is the point of this.

Sharon Case looked great today.  Too bad she's saddled with Sage's ass.  They're really trying hard to make CreepyFace work.  And she doesn't.

• Members

The Victor and Ashley scenes were delicious, I just love those two together especially when they have this cat and mouse game going.

Victor's disdain for Billy Boy is always great but not interested in Billy/Victoria angst. YAWN. Same with Stitch and this lame Dylan/Sharon/Nick/Sage quad which feels so been there done that.

I do enjoy Victoria and Abby, especially now that workplace feuding has been added to their dynamic. 

Looks like Harding is the one working with Tia Yack. Again, YAWN.

• Members

There's no cat or mouse, is there?  This Parragon thing came out of nowhere.  Are we supposed to believe that this conspiracy, cooked up by the Abbots to "get" Victor, is intimately known by Ashley?  If it's not, then that would mean Victor is phishing.  And we don't know which one it is.

I'm not saying that the audience has to know every detail, but a small clue as to what Ashley and Victor know and don't know would make it more interesting.  JS

Archived