B&B: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im all caught up now.

Ivy wants justice for Aly by blackmailing her way into becoming the face of Forrester? WTF?!? What a shame bc this was my favorite storyline but not likig the direction its going in. Speaking of which, I hate how uneven this show was. This was what I left off with only to see the story disappear for two weeks and now come back

Thomas....so far not feeling the new guy. His acting leaves a bit to be desired but Im willing to give him a chance. I thought they might have been hinting at he and Brooke early on but it looks like its he and Caroline. Or maybe they'll play him off with both women. I have to say I dont like how Ridge was treating him. He came across as such an a-hole

Deacon continues to be irrelevant

Rick and Maya are married. Good for them I guess. Maybe now they will go on the backburner bc I dont see anything in the immediate future for them. How soon till she gets cancer or dies a tragic death?

Nicole needs to STOP with her modeling aspirations. Her walk on the runway was tragic and she's an example that a pretty face doesnt make a good model. She and Zende are such filler material, its not even funny

• Members

Oh my G-d, that's terrible Cheap, but I did just envision a hormone-related cancer s/l for Maya now that you mention it.  I'm not ready for that AMC-realness,

Thomas doesn't really make an impression on me, the character never has.  He's just sort of,,, there.

Ivy's 180 is so random and dirty, it's the kind of sudden plot twist you'd expect in a primetime show that has far less time to flesh things out.  I sometimes wonder if B&B's primetime success in foreign markets has something to do with things like this.  This show is so weird how it'll waste 3/4 of an episode on a freaking montage then pop plot points like mollies.

I also really hate it when a soap tries to convince us otherwise of something we saw before our very eyes.  I don't think that's what they're doing with Ivy, nevertheless, it's annoying watching her try to convince people otherwise.  It's like that classic Annie Wilkes "They CHEATED us!" monologue in Misery.  Ivy spouting murder is just plain stupid, insulting, inaccurate.

• Members

I'm still in the middle of July, but I wanted to pipe in and say that I like Zende. I liked his introduction with the flashbacks, he has chemistry with Nicole and the actor is good. I saw a lot about him needing to be recast, but I thought he was just fine and will grow into a fine young actor. I'm happy with everything. I will say they are WRONG for the outfit they put Maya's Mom in for her entrance. I hope her looks improve. Her makeup was flawless so I expected a better outfit. LOVE the actors though.

• Members

I certainly don't mind Ivy doing this to entitled Steffy.  She believes she should have everything she points her finger at and those around her should support it.  I have loathed Steffy ever since she hit her head on that damn tub.  And the last place Steffy's face belongs in on a magazine cover.  Botched is more like it!  

• Members

Catching up on B&B. 

The Avants have singlehandedly brought heart back to B&B. Those wedfing scenes were fabulous. It was classic soap. And OB and AMH are truly rising to the occasion. They need to find some way to write them into the show permanently. Since Julius father has a company out there somewhere, let Maya go after it to get it back for him. Let them work together. I'd love for him to realize that his daughter, Maya, can be just as much of an asset to him in life as his son, Myron. What better way than the company he lost because of his father's inability to accept her? While, it may not be realistic, I'm way too invested in this story so I demand reconciliation and acceptance. 

It's very hard to go back to that Aly death story after that wedding. I'll leave it at that. 

• Members

I'm actually glad that Viv was not suddenly wearing high fashion. AMH has been outstanding in the role. It's becoming clear with all these non-Raya stories where B&B has investment the most time (scripts, etc.). I don't have any issue with it at all, though I do question why they wanted to have the wedding so quickly. A long engagement would have worked well. Now that they are married, they will either fall to backburner, which I hope not because JY was wasted during the first three years of his return and KM has really stepped up, or they will create some bizarre way to split them apart. 

• Members

I've really loved all the stuff with the Avants. Julius and Vivienne could so easily have been cast with mediocre actors, but they weren't; they've certainly brought their characters to life. The wedding scenes were great and, I loved seeing Bridget again; even though AJ and RY never shared a scene before (unless they did briefly when I wasn't watching and when Bridget made a guest appearance), they had good sibling chemistry for that one scene they had.

Someone said they'd like an Eric/Vivienne pairing, and I'd be all for that if it means we get to keep Vivienne around. I actually think she could easily replace Pam's role, who - along with Charlie - isn't needed.

I don't know what to think about nuThomas. Actually, I do: I don't really like him. I think the actor sucks (but he could improve), and the character lacks a decent personality. IDK, but this Thomas is not how I imagined the first born son of Ridge & Taylor to be. Meanwhile, I don't buy any of this Ivy story at all. They tried to sell it by saying she's doing it for Aly, which adds some weight to it, but no way would Ivy literally want to be a model, let alone the face of FC.

ETA: I missed 3 episodes at the end of July - is Thorne gone again? His daughter was killed off and the story is all about Ivy vs. Steffy! OK then.

• Members

Not me. Im sick of his whining. Big Boo Hoo

Loved Steffy orderin Wytt around today. She came across as a boss bitch

Lt Baker hant been seen in a hot minute and popped up today. I think the last time we saw him was when Brooke let Bill spend the night with her when he drove drunk

Archived