B&B: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, I'm trying to be patient with the new guy as well, but so far, he doesn't have any screen presence. He's just sort of there. I didn't like the previous two actors in the role ether. It's odd that despite Thomas being the son of Ridge and Taylor, B&B has never really gotten the character of Thomas to jell, IMO. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The propping of Steffy is reminiscent of the Hope propping but  I've always called the "propping soap."  No surprise...I've always thought Steffy and Liam ill-matched she's too fast for him she also looks like too much woman for him even though I assume they're the same age

• Members

I howled when I heard that. Who says they don't read the boards..... I kind of regret using that term back in June when I thought Poison would lie to Liam about her status just to keep him. I never imagined this horrific S/L. Also, can someone explain why Wyatt was basically acting like Oliver - all this talk about the meaning and value of Forrester name? Hello, Wyatt you are a SPENCER and that name carries a lot more weight in the world! It was so strange - it's as if the writers forgot that they revealed his paternity two years ago. 

• Members

Why would any young rich stud, who could be partying it up in LA, want to give that up to play house with any woman? This was my beef with the obsession of Hope & Steffy wanting to get married in their 20s. Hope, I can understand, why she would never want that promiscuous lifestyle, because she witnessed firsthand - well she a direct result of it, but Steffy? Newly crowned Spencer (Wyatt)? I wish one of them would get a Tinder account and start using it.  

• Members

You must be a pretty recent viewer. I can't think of another show during all my years of following soaps that I pick up and drop more frequently. It's always been 2-3 months of really good stuff followed by months (or years) of catching random episodes (when someone else has it on.) Except for the past five weeks, the past nine months have been pretty consistent - with only a few random bad episodes - and it's mostly stayed on DVR - but I'm at point again where I'm reading the synopsis and then deciding if I'll watch or delete. The only good thing I can say is that they finally gave AB scripts that explain why she was hired in the first place. It's just too bad the story is beyond illogical. The past four years, B&B has been fantastic in terms of killing (or extending) storylines very quickly based on what's bombing and/or clicking so I'm a bit mystified what all these bad stories are on us at once - Thomas, Zende and Poison. 

• Members

Ugh.  Those scenes with Linsey G. today  must have been hard for her given a couple lines she had to deliver and what's happened to her this year - she was great.  I guess it was only a matter of time before the butt that is Ridge would really reemerge.

• Members

Karla looked gorgeous today, her and Jacob Young have chemistry for days. Good to see them back.

Lindsey did a great job today, as did Thorsten. The scene with Caroline and Ridge was really well done.

Overall, I really enjoyed today, I haven't watched since the Raya wedding, and I was surprised by how engaged I was with today 

• Members

I liked today's episode as well. Raya's return, and thank you Jesus...a reprieve from Lame and company. Now we need a day off from the creeper(Thomas). Visually, the outdoor shots were gorgeous.  And, I enjoy bits of Eric thrown in. McCook has the perfect personality for the patriarch role. Brooke wishes she could wrap her legs around the creeper...or any man. It's been a while since ..."DESTINY" found her....

• Members

Monday's episode was very well done. The Ridge twist was great and, wow, at LG delivering those lines. 

Great to see Raya back. Is this the first time that honeymoon segments have been shown as flashbacks? I can't ever recall that happening on a soap. It was surprisingly effective. Was from the European appearance that JY & KM made this summer. I thought for sure they were teasing it as something else earlier in summer.

Zende carrying in luggage was awkward. I've seen enough of the actor - he's just not ready for that role. I hope a recasting is coming soon because RE is far too promising of an actor to be saddled by him. 

Archived