B&B: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Having a backbone doesnt equal being a bitch. Ivy is over the top and her actions dont make sense for the character. She wants justice for Aly by using her death to become the lead model? When the hell has Ivy cared about that? Its out of character for her to exploit the death of someone so close to her. Now she's using sex to get what she wants. Her words dont match her true motives. She's bitter and pressed bc Liam dumped her. If she truly felt Aly's death needed justice, she would have turned the tape over already. I dont believe she has any intentions of using it; its merely her means to torture Steffy which she is getting pleasure out of. Ivy now is a completely different character than she was 2 months ago and this change did not feel organic at all.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im starting to think that not only is Aly alive, but Weed knows it. I think at the scene of the accident, Aly showed some signs of life and she arranged to have her whisked away.  She's been in a coma since with no guarantee that she'll recover so she used that to justify keeping her from Thorne, as to not get his hopes up. Since then she hatched a plan to set Steffy up for muuuuurrrdaaaa to torture her as revenge for losing Liam. She is coming across as too conniving nad evil and I wouldn't have believed it before but I buy it with this new attitude she is now sporting

LOL at Quinn calling Liam a vegan troll.

• Members

Ha. That's why I came on the board - that scene made the episode because SC really has deserved better than being total waffle/milquetoast. I thought that scene was very well written and SC really brought it home. Even though the story is completely illogical, I'm glad that AB has finally been given substantive material and I do like her scenes with JMW. That being said, there sure as heck better be a big twist to the S/L - the video can only go so far - it's been more than played out.

• Members

I have the last two episodes to see yet, It will be nice to see SC do something more substantive than being the waffler or out of place business "tycoon." 

People were making gentle fun of the "murdah!" thing when Scott and Ashleigh were live tweeting the show today. 

• Members

I don't buy Caroline's chem with anyone, but if we had to go there, AG should have remained in the role.  There was no reason to recast him.  And if we were going to recast, can we get someone who looks older than the person playing his younger sister?  JMW looks 38!

• Members

The dialogue on today's show was quite poor, nobody had any real chance to act.  What can you say when the strongest scenes were between Quinn and Wyatt?!  Liam and Ivy's scenes seem to be going in circles as are Ridge and Steffy's scenes-- going nowhere, the same ole same ole. 

As for Caroline and Thomas, I am trying to be patient with the new guy but I'm not getting much from him.  I think part of the problem is that some of these new guys, in addition to being green as well as less than full talents- are not surrounded by enough truly strong actors.  LG is a decent actress who can be pretty serviceable with good story but I hardly consider her a powerhouse.  The P& G soaps were expert at taking green actors or good looking but less than fully talented actors (particularly male) and surrounding them with very strong actresses and over time, the actors usually rose to the occasion. 

B&B is fresh out of Susan Flannerys and Darlene Conleys and Thomas would have no reason to have a lot of scenes with Rena Sofer, so honestly I don't know how this actor is supposed to improve.  And with dialogue like this and awkward scenes, an actor that's not up to standard probably has an even harder time improving.  A good director and more rehearsal time could also help but we know with today's soaps both are in very short supply.

Archived