Days: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

I'm also sorry that Aiden has been made road kill. It's BS. No way I believe he was sent to Salem to get her. I hate when soaps do this type of thing. I'd rather they just have Clyde kill him off.

Chad and Abby are a good couple. I love Billy Flynn. He could also work with Theresa. I'm tired of her being stuck in Brady's orbit.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel super torn re: Aiden.  I just don't feel like it was necessary to turn him bad.  If Bo is captured and comes back and Hope is happily married to a good guy, isn't there conflict there just from that?  That said, Daniel Cosgrove is playing bad well and he seems more interesting this way.  But it's just disappointing that it is such a swing in character. 

• Members

they got pregnant last time they were on the show together. She returned to town with the little boy but unlike Ciara and Theo, he's never been used. We'd see Kayla with a blonde child once a year at Christmas time but he hasnt been a part of any significant storylines

Steve/Kayla/Joey = Jack/Jennifer/JJ. I feel like deja vu here

• Members

I actually liked Monday's episode - the Kayla/Steve/Hope scenes were good.

Billy Flynn is so good as Chad, he has charisma and maturity, the latter missing from Casey Dederick's portrayal.

Ben could reveal the meaning of life and it would still seem like filler. So. Boring.

I'm wondering if Aiden always meant to use Hope or if it just developed. I hope the rewrite is believable, but this is Higley so probably not...

• Members
I've waited to make comments and I just got caught up on last week's episodes.. But as a long time committed Days viewer I can say that I am so so so excited about the direction of the show right now!! Storylines are interesting and opposed to how the reset was in 2011 this doesn't feel like some "big event"... It feels very organic and storylines are being wrapped up and used to propel us into the future. The lighting, sets, and camera angles are even so much better! Keep it up Days! If you are a lapsed viewer now is the time to time back in to the show! Fan favorites are returning and I am so excited to see what storylines are on our screens right now! 

• Members

Just watched Monday's episode.  Was mildly disappointed in the Steve/Joe reintro.  They should have written a mini medical arc where Joe was in NYC and caught meningitis or other ailment that befalls college kids (anal herpes anyone..just kidding); he's with Steve when it happens and Steve brings him to hospital because he's scared Joe is getting worse and needs Dr. Brady to save the day. Kayla, of course, is furious with Steve, worried for her son and vulnerable and alone during the crisis. Steve is there but she rejects him.

The way Steve was actually introduced felt a bit lazy and uninspired; they need to be sensational every day to get viewers to tune in and be connected to the characters.

Those Stefano scenes are just weird like a split screen or something; I swear they taped Joe M. separately from Chad.  I never enjoy their scenes because if feels as if they're not in same room or Joe's reading fully off the cue cards.  

Love Billy Flynn but for god's sake, get him out of those leisure suits.  There's been an modest improvement in the men's costuming but not yet for Chad's character.

Love MaryBeth; she's a fine actress and brought her game to those scenes.  Was it me or was there some hot chemistry between Hope and Steve.  I loved the way she read him with every line, not putting up with his crap.  Shaming him all the way for being a screw up.  Nice work KA.

Music and lighting so improved!  Good job overall Days...

Archived