GH: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

New interview with Nathan Varni for anyone curious. I haven't listened yet but apparently he name drops Tristan Rogers at some point.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/daytimeafterdark1976/2015/08/13/daytime-after-dark-welcome-abc-executive-nathen-varni

EDIT: The quote in regards to Tristan is below. Hmmm sounds like perhaps Tristan is back or perhaps is lumping him with Emma Samms "possibly" returning? I don't know if he's speaking hypothetically but it seems odd in combination with the fact that he's not denying Tristan coming back on Twitter, as he does with other rumors.

Also these quotes really stood out:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't watched GH since 2013; I gave up after decades of watching.  I knew it would eventually happen because I simply can't follow Ron's writing style or storytelling ...same thing happened when he took over @ OLTL.. 

I'm not sure if this new (but old) team of recycled writers can get me back into the show.  I'm really surprised they fired Ron (and even more surprised they kept Franks) ..wonder why?

• Members

Guys how encouraging that the actors are coming out in praise of smart tv. I just love this Rons writing apparently ends at end of October. Buzz so far is Jean and Shelly have not only smarten the scripts, better dialogue and we are in for an experience that will mimic the Labine and Riche days of GH. Thank god for these miracle workers and smart tv making it back on my screen I have tears.

• Members

We all know Brad already being married was added in later, since Brad is the one that proposed to Lucas, not the other way around. Meaning Ron didn't have a clue what Rosalie's secret was when he added that into the early scripts. What a [!@#$%^&*] mess!

• Members

No one told moRon that, on a soap, what happened yesterday needs to tie to today.  Brad made the extravagant gesture and was married all along?  Had he accepted Lucas' proposal, that would have been different.  However, Brad proposed!  moRon is an idiot!  Bye bitch!  

• Members

Why exec Nathan Varni has no business overseeing a lemonade stand, much less General Hospital: "I have a lot of faith in the role of Kiki moving forward," Varni revealed. "I think Hayley[Erin] is doing a fantastic, admirable job as Kiki. I hope the character becomes more layered, and perhaps gets a job, and becomes more involved." WTF is he smoking?????

Archived