GH: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's just pretty bad for the people running this show to have such a terrible grasp of its history, especially fairly recent history when we are talking a 50 year old show.  I can't lay all the blame at Ron because Frank lets it get to air.  the scenes are too short and the quick cutting and dropping of stories and characters just to rush them to a conclusion is sloppy and unworthy of this or any network show.  Even if I disliked Silas, and I did, there is no buildup to this mystery and nobody cares that he is dead that matters to the core of GH.

Guza drove me away, and Rpn brought me back to the show.  But he couldn't keep me because even if I see people I want to onscreen their stories are too stupid to enjoy.

i have no hope for the incoming writers except the stupidity might stop.  Everything will be bland because that's what JP does.  Bland.  Generic.  The kind of team you put in place when you are waiting for a better HW to be free.

• Members

It's hilarious when I see people saying things like you can tell Ron is now gone and JP has taken over because there are no vets and all new characters instead, and because Sonny is being written as a hero. Where the hell have they been the last year and change, especially when they had Michael give AJ back? I knew that would happen - the fans who would sacrifice kittens to sniff his shoes can't wait to talk about how much worse the show is without him, even when his material is still airing.

• Members

Despite the bad ratings ABC isn't cancelling GH nor has plans to. It's not 2011 where GH was definitely cancelled. U guys don't have a concept of smart tv. Smart tv is the way of the future of soaps. Jelly have been raves from the cast and buzz. ABC hired them because the show had brilliant and smart writing they did for YR. Ratings were great last couple months on YR. These ladies know what they are doing. I am just freaking happy smart tv is back on my freaking screen. Lorraine Broderick the show was already cancelled lol secretly. No comparision.  Claire Labine is retired and she sucked on oltl and gl. Shes very overated.Jelly are 2 of the most remarkable brilliant women I have ever seen in soap history. Just wait and see. BTW this is still Rons stuff they started August 10 u won't feel their influence until end of October.

• Members

Watch Ryan's Hope and GH in the 90s and tell me again how overrated Claire Labine is.  We get it you love the future writers. That's no reason to trash Labine.  I liked some of her OLTL (centering a family around Mel Hayes kinda ruined it for me), but I did like a few of her stories. I don't think I've seen any of her GL, so I can't comment on that.

• Members

So according to the TiVo guide, Lulu and Dante were supposed to investigate Silas' murder.  Was that part of the story scrapped?  This isn't the first time the guide info didn't match what happened in the episode.  The show as a whole sucks.

Archived