GH: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought I was losing what's left of my mind.  I knew Dillon was at Georgie's funeral.  I even started second guessing my knowledge of GH history and told myself I imagined SC being there or that he came back for someone else's funeral.  Bad continuity errors make me fume.

• Members

So RC forgot about Dillon being at the funeral? :lol:

How could he forget that? I remember it like yesterday of Lulu breaking the news to Dillon about Georgie's passing & him breaking down (the last time SC played Dillon). His whole purpose was to come back to  and get Georgie, so she could join him in Vancouver (I think) to film a movie. 

Just embarrassing. 

I'll forgive history flops if it's something from past and no longer accessible like footage or synopsis from the 50s through the early 70s, but from 75 onward, there is no excuse. You have YouTube. Old school soap fans. A tumblr page dedicated to old, in-depth soap synopsis. Anniversary books. I could go on....

This is why it should be mandatory that soap writers read up on the show's history before being allowed to write for the show.  

• Members

I don't think they're here to 'finish up the show'. I don't see it going. Not sure why everyone wants to harp on it getting the axe when it just needs better writers. "Jelly" won't do it.

And where is this SID or whatever interview? Can anyone post some highlights of what Jonny's amazing duo have in store?

To me, they're here to tow the line and do what they're told. I don't see anything exciting or interesting coming from them. It will look good as they wrap up the dreck and start fresh but I don't see them long-term. JMO. They're cheap and do what they're told. And maybe they'll end up fitting but IDK.

I know Ron's still at the helm but I do notice the show is less ... chaotic. I still can't sit through a full episode. I turned it off about 20 minutes in. I take it I missed nothing.

• Members

I agree with Nothin' that in the Internet age, it takes seconds to Google old synopses or do a YouTube search.  I'm cynical when it comes to RC and I tend to think that it has less to do with laziness and more to do with arrogance.  I think he gets a thrill out of rewriting history, redefining canon to suit his stories, and yes, to make us fans go nuts when there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

• Members

While I think there is a good chance this is a continuity error -- and much bigger than just RC forgetting, since there was a breakdown writer, scriptwriter, AHWs, etc who ALL didn't catch it-- I think there's also a very real possibility that RC ignored and/or changed it because it gave him a whole episode's worth of story. Sigh.

In any case, can I get the name of that tumblr page dedicated to soap analysis, please?

• Members

Archived