GH: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Im sort of with you in that the Liz, Sam, Patrick, Jason, Nik stuff is the only semi-interesting thing on the show but thats not saying much. The rest flat out sucks

As for today it was

Valerie/Maxie

Carly/Sonny/Jordan/TJ/Dante

Olivia/Julian/Alexis

Dillon/Lulu

Lucas/Brad/Rosalie

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's easily forgettable but Det. Woodpile was on too.

Is it just me or are scenes getting longer? I feel like there's a slight difference. And there was an attempt at some depth (TJ/Jordan, Lucas/Brad, Maxie/Valerie), although not saying it wasn't all partially empty depth, but they tried for heartfelt. I credit whoever the scriptwriter was.

NuDillon reminds me so much of Woodpile early on. On waaaaay too much. He's not as painful as Woodpile was at first but ugh. Give him and Rylan a day off.

• Members

Thanks Cheap and Kman for letting me know who's on. Sounds like a mixed bag.

I'm probably one of the few people who likes Liz more now than I did a few years ago. One mistake with this story is not using Monica more. I think it would actually help the Liz character if we saw her struggle around Monica.

Also, it was a huge mistake to bring back Jake before the Jason reveal. They did that for Geary, which was pointless because he obviously did not give two f*cks for that plot point.  Now Liz has her baby back, but doesn't care about Monica's life, which is endless loss. I'm not really buying that without the grief from Jake driving her.

• Members

Hoping we get to see Monica slap her across the face...LC is a master with a slap.  Poor BH, every writer s hits on her.  She's been the bright point for me from the beginning of her story in the 90s...Yet the writers always try to make her unlikable...The Jake story should have been about Liz and the trauma of this return...Everyone just acted like..."Oh that Helena...isn't she just the Dickens...Welcome home"  No shock, no awe...

Hosalie and her crappy non marriage to Brad leaves me wanting much less of the story...Even though Ryan Carnes being on television is ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!

• Members

Oh you know Monica reunited with Jake offscreen. We'll hear about it in dialogue, I guarantee it

and IA that Liz deserves a slap or several. They might as well line her up and let Monica, Sam and Carly go to town on her. Its obvious she'll be exposed at her wedding but I wonder who does the exposing

• Members

Agreed. It's 100% a double standard. It's irritating when the men speak up and everyone applauds them but I've seen several times a woman speak up and it's met with criticism of the fact that she did speak up. I think Erika Slezak (I miss her on my screen, BTW) is an exception when she spoke out against Higley. If a woman speaks out they are told by fans to suck it up and play what's written. It's sad.

I love GH and want it to thrive. I just think the soap industry has failed because they keep recycling the same people over and over again, both in terms of actors, writers and producers, especially the latter two. I get that it's scary to go after new blood but it's necessary. Why they keep hiring and firing the same writers again and again just boggles my mind.

LOL. I know they had Felix in a relationship but I guess I didn't care enough to pay attention to that. Ew. I'm glad we're not seeing their relationship on-screen. I do have to LOL at Felix all but vanished and then [probably because people bugged Ron about his whereabouts] all of a sudden Felix has been popping up again.

• Members

Morgan's bipolar.  Yay, another story for Mo/Scummy to hijack.  Remember the teen abuse story they bypassed on to tell us about Scummy and Adele again?  I wanted to see how Krissy (young Meryl Streep is back) and Keifer handled it and was hoping they'd keep that young fella and try to reunite him with Krissy after counseling.  What'd did we get?  Scummy, another kill for Alexis and a child stalking Luke's filthy bastard offspring!  Ugh!  

Archived