Days 50th to feature a "killer twist"

• Administrator

And I hope we see the characters die on screen like Reilly's SK storyline - that's how you build buzz.  I don't want off screen deaths like what Y&R did with Austin and Courtney. 

It's funny that this SK storyline is starting almost exactly to the date that the last SK storyline started back in 2003.  Hope this one can become a ratings success like Reilly's, and that will be good enough for a renewal. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who would you all want to see be the killer? Killed off?

I watch Days sometimes at the gym and it's all very...nice? I don't know if that's the right word, there's this weird lowkey energy to every scene that I find offputting. It's not BADLY written but it's just sort of there. Nicole seems to be crying or apologizing for something every day. And every other scene is at the park. Why do grown people with jobs and money spend so much time at the park? That's when you know a show is on a budget.

• Members

I don't care about the culprit's identity, so long as the following are off the show by the end of this storyline:

John Aniston

Shawn Christian

Daniel Cosgrove

Bryan Dattilo

Kassie DePaiva

Judi Evans

Mary Beth Evans

Billy Flynn

Greg Vaughan

Galen Gering

Drake Hogestyn

Wallace Kurth

James Lastovic

Jen Lilley

Kate Mansi

Eric Martsolf

Joseph Mascolo

Peggy McCay

Casey Moss

Stephen Nichols

True O'Brien

James Read

Peter Reckell

Melissa Reeves

Christopher Sean

Paul Telfer

Guy Wilson

Rob Wilson

• Members

That's because I want the very last scene of the entire series -- not just the story, but of DAYS itself -- to be the few, remaining, ALIVE ones crying and hugging each other at the Horton residence and thanking God the Salem Snatcher's reign of terror is over.  Because, trying to keep this pitiful show alive isn't worth another lousy serial-killer storyline anyway.

• Members

Despite all the promises of 'dead being dead,' DAYS credibility is below zero when it comes to these stories. MALESWEN was a huge mistake. And, except, for Maggie, who gave us the single most important male character of the past decade (Daniel), everyone else could've and should've stayed dead. Marlena could've been given a DAYS-plausible 'out' for the killings.

• Members

I wish someone, somewhere would find a document outlining what Reilly's original plans were.  I know it had changed by the time we got to the reveal of Marlena, but I just want to know if the rumors are true about Melaswen being a massive rewrite.

• Members

Kind of reminds me of Loving, Khan. Kill off the important cast members and then morph the show into something new. Didn't work out in the end, although for that I blame ABC above everything else.

Jury's out for me. I'm going to watch Days again starting Monday, but if any of the "legacy" characters are offed I will likely slam the door again.

Archived