My Y&R reboot with a B&B involvment

• Members

Alright here is MY thoughts on how to fix this mess JFP and Chuck Pratt are making of this once great show. It will take for CBS and Sony to admit they are wrong and bring the Bell family back into the fold in running this show.

1. fire JFP and Chuck Pratt two of the worst soap executives in history! They need to go along with all their friends they brought with them.

2. name Brad Bell Senior Executive Producer of Y&R and he keeps his role at B&B, Brad over see's new executive producer of Y&R Ed Scott, new head writers Kay Alden and Sally Sussman Morina. Scott ,Alden and Morina all worked under Bill Bell and should all return to Y&R.

3. dump - Cane, Colin, Marco, Lily, Joe, Dylan, Hilary, Sage, Abby.

4- storyline's reboot -

- Victor wins the battle for Newman Jabot after Marco dies in a plane crash and Jack's accusations can't be proven. - Victor takes control of the company and fires Jack.

-Jack leaves town and Phyllis as well after no one believes him about Marco, he goes to LA. he meets with Eric Forrester about starting a division of Forrester creations in Genoa City in which Eric likes the idea and agrees to the deal.

- Jack returns as the new president of Forrester Creations of Genoa City, along with executives Thorn, Taylor and Bridget.

- a war between Victor with Newman/Jabot vs. Jack with powerhouse Forrester Creations along with the Forrester family behind him is born.

the show get's back to battle of the titans of Newman's, Abbott's and Forrester's in the board room and on the run way with the show incorporating both what made Y&R and B&B successful the run way and the cosmetics industry

Thoughts??/

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah the same Bell family that put their incompetent daughter-in-law in charage who proceeded to wreck any and everything about the show...

Give it up, Sony, CBS, nor the Bell family want this show to be a quality product ever again, and as long as the ratings are consistent and trending up, no one with any power cares.

• Members

Nope what the plan is to have Forrester Creations as a company on both shows as well as move some of the Forreser family members move to Y&R with cross overs when characters like Eric are needed on B&B. Characters who are badly used like Thorn, Felicia,Taylor,Bridget who get no storyline's move to Genoa City and mix it up with the Newman's and Abbott's. Keep the shows separate but have lots of cross overs. Having Victor vs Jack and Eric fight for power and even Eric and Jill could become a power couple or Victor and Jack go to war over Taylor, Nikki and Ashley over Thorn, Nick and Adam over Felicia. Lots of potential

• Members

Hate to be a downer, but this Forrsters in Genoa City idea sounds awful, and would wreck both YR and B&B.

i get wanting to dump characters you don't like, but that requires story, too. They can't just walk out the door and never return.

You fail to mention a lot of characters on the canvas. They need story, too, you know. Or do those Forresters relegate Adam, Chelsea, Nick, Sharon, Victoria, Dylan, and others to once a month?

Yes, there are tons of complaints about Pratt and JFP, but the ratings tell the tale. They're up, so apparently Internet soap boards don't represent the general feeling about YR these days. 

• Members

"wanting to dump characters you don't like"...hence the reason I passed on the idea. There seem to be no rhyme or reason for dumping the characters dumped besides not liking them. Considering when I look around canvas at characters who don't have much story left to tell but are still worth keeping somehow in this scenario, i.e. Kevin Fisher..even Nick "I am now obsolete since Adam came along and his rival is Billy" Newman. 

• Members

Put all those characters I mentioned in a plane and crash it for all I care their all useless characters. The only characters I'd like to keep is the core family's Newmans, Abbotts along with characters like Jill, Neil, Michael, Lauren, Paul, Christene and a few others. having Forrester vets like Eric, Taylor, Felicia, Thorn, move over to the Y&R would create new storyline's as well as business storylines. I want to see Jabot vs Forrester  in a battle of the titans  

Archived