Who should be GH new executive producer? Rate these options.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wendy Riche--Left the business, and is probably out to stay.  Unless they offer her a boatload of moolah, which in today's environment, is highly unlikely.  I think she is GH's best ever producer.  I know everyone worships the late Gloria Monty, but, I liked Wendy's version of the show much better.  Wendy's version had the heart that I like to watch in a soap.  Gloria's version, less so.

Gary Tomlin--An efficient, dependable choice who knows soaps very well.  I'd like to see him as a writer's consultant rather than a producer, because he is creative.

Lisa DeCazotte--Out of this list, she is my favorite choice if they would actually can FV.  While Days fans were not enthusiastic about the program under her watch, her work on "Passions" and "General Hospital Nightshift" proves that she can turn out a quality product provided she has a good writer to work with her.

Chris Goutman--While he did work with JP for a long time, what disturbs me about him was his inability to keep cast veterans happy.  For that reason alone, I think he should stick with his awesome talent for direction.  There is no denying he is a good director.

Julie Carruthers--While she is a talented producer, her weakness seems to be finding story that will resonate with her audience.  If she could find a partner who has their finger on the pulse of what viewers really want, I don't see why she couldn't do a good job.

However, and I probably stand alone in this, I think FV still deserves a chance to redeem himself.  I think anyone who falls off track should be given a chance to fix things and come back stronger.  That is what I'd really like to see.  I think he has it in him.

Archived