Who should be GH new executive producer? Rate these options.

• Members

For now Frank Valentini is staying by January he's been with the show for four years. I am thinking of potential replacements and I came up with 5 logical choices:

1: Wendy Riche: Of course my number 1 choice it would be the best and most fantastic reunion for GH. She helmet GH in glory years would love her. I did know if she would return.

2: Gary Tomlin: Has worked for ABC before at AMC and OLTL. He was only exec producer that won OLTL it's first emmy. He had mixed success at DAYS with the baby storyline reaching great heights. Left DAYS to return got Eileen her first emmy but sputtered out by the end.

3: Lisa DeCazotte: Has worked ar ABC for OLTL and AMC. She helmed the second season of night shift which was fabulous. Has GH experience under her belt. She was exec producer of Passions it's entire run and she was exec producer of DAYS.

4:Chris Goutman: Worked with Jean her entire 9 years at ATWT. They know each other well and he would support her vision totally. Won three emmys best show at ATWT.

5: Julie Carruthers: Was a producer wigh Riche in the 90s with Riche from 1994 to 1999 elevated to senior supervising producer. Was exec producer of PC from 1999 to 2003. Actors loved her. She was then exec producer of AMC for 8 years was met with very mixed results. People consider her staying at AMC led to its demise

How would u rate or rank these potential replacements for Valentini?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Valentini just needs to go as well - his casting decisions and general production are terrible.

I think they should try to get someone like Shelley Curtis back, she had a long history with GH (and DAYS) and was one of Riche's trusted advisers in the 90's. I know a lot of the actors on the show in the 90's would take positively about how involved she was with them.

• Members

The last thing GH needs is Christopher Goutman running the show. He was executive producer of not one, but two, long running soaps when they were cancelled. Granted, when Goutman arrived at AW cancellation was right around the corner. He did help to drive the final nail in the coffin with stupid plots like Lumina and Jordan Stark, a time traveler who was looking for his lost love. He had a Frankie Frame lookalike perusing Cass. He botched the "murder" of Grant Harrison- everyone in Bay City should have been a suspect, and this could and should have been the story to save AW.

He goes to ATWT and has a few successful years, then the same thing happens. One by one vets are pushed off the show. He features characters that no one cares about in front burner storylines with no connection to the vets. He is given a 9 month notice that ATWT would be cancelled, and he does nothing to feature the vets prominently in storylines. The finale was terrible- no nods to the history of the show- the show's most famous star, Eileen Fulton (Lisa) was treated like a dayplayer in the months leading up to the finale, and the real life passing of Helen Wagner (Nancy) was totally mishandled by the show- her passing was just a blip on the radar.

Combined, AW and ATWT, aired for 89 years of television. Both met their demise under his watch. GH deserves better than Goutman.

• Members

none listed would ever be EP of GH. They are too old or out of the business or not successful enough. Frank is staying. ABC loves him. They have no beef with his production. The issue is the stories and Ron's refusal to buckle to the brass; Ron was given major leeway for a long time on GH but once the network starting dictating story it was a marriage made in hell. Ron was burned out for sure and needed a break. So many famous head writers have left. On Edge of Night, P&G insisted on firing Henry Slesar and Erwin Nicholson stayed to the end. Rauch outlived Lemay. Frank has worked with other head writers.

Archived