GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would like to think it was Geary. These writers come and go but he has put in almost 40 years as the face of GH and has invested a lot into it. It's comforting to think that he had the ability to help the show and did. The kid playing Morgan, Roger Howarth...probably only Geary or Benard had any sway backstage.

• Members

I doubt it was Geary. They've been in the sewer for weeks numbers-wise. A twitter hashtag mocking them has taken off. The most prominent members of the soap press have turned on them. I think Tony was really maybe a nudge off the cliff at best.

• Members

I would have offered the job to Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who has interesting credits as a playwright, writing for Glee, Big Love and the movie remake of Carrie, and somehow is currently in charge of Archie Comics. That's an interesting and varied resume, and I would have been curious to see what someone comfortable with Carrie and Jughead both could do with a soap.

• Members

How can anyone be excited about this?

I wonder, when they hire and re-hire these soap writers, do they present a bible? Or story ideas? Or are they simply known entities that will get the product out on time and under budget? The last time I felt like a new headwriter was brought on with some semblance of creativity was Carlivati to OLTL. Now they just seem like worker bees, doing their jobs just well enough until ABC finds an inexpensive working alternative to GH.

• Members

I don't even watch GH but I'm so happy Carlivati is out! I hated his personality soooo much but loved reading the thread reading all of y'all complaints and hatred towards him :lol:

But Passanante killed my beloved ATWT and she should not have found a job in daytime television at ALL, let alone be headwriter again so that makes me sad. She doesn't deserve it.

• Members

Ron needed to be shut down, and I have no sympathy for him. He did this to himself. He went from hero to villain, he's the reason he's gone. I just hope some of the veteran characters and love for the show's traditions won't go with him.

But no, I'm not excited about it at all. These two are rotgut.

That dude does movies and TV! There is zero chance he would go anywhere near this [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

It's exciting for me because I want a storyteller for GH. moRon is NOT storyteller! He never should have had the job. I can live with this and whatever comes. Outside of Trassions, I've never seen a soap in such dire state!

It's exciting for me because I want a storyteller for GH. moRon is NOT storyteller! He never should have had the job. I can live with this and whatever comes. Outside of Trassions, I've never seen a soap in such dire state!

Archived