GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Members

Because I don't think he's happy about the change. I think -- and this is just what I think, I could be wrong -- but I think he sees himself and Ron as a sort of "dream team," one you can't separate. Again, unless I am way off-base, I suspect he resisted firing Ron, but the network gave him no choice. It was either agree to canning Ron or risk losing his job as well.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frank is really loved by the cast and crew. He keeps things under budget I heard he didn't want Ron to go that ABC ley him go. The best thing about Frank is he loves Jean P has known her for 23 years. He will definitely champion her vision something u felt JFP didn't do at Y&R. Jean and Shelly are different writers and he needs to embrace that

• Webmaster

I wish some people would just get real re: Ron's firing. Yeah, he helped bring up the ratings to their best position in 8 years. He also helped bring them down to their worst performance ever. Should that be ignored? I don't think so. It's not about what you've done, it's about what have you done for me lately. That's the way business works.

Lately he drove the show into the ground and annihilated fans online when they voiced their displeasure. That's childish and pathetic. I've never tweeted the man because I just couldn't stand his so called "professional" behavior and I never understood the ass kissing I've witnessed online on his behalf. It was never warranted, IMO.

• Members

I've been wondering if Frank ended up having a hand in Ron's ouster ... I know everyone wants to call them BFFs and a team but at the end of the day ... Frank wants to save his ass. I could be totally wrong but I've had a feeling Frank could have helped run that bus over Ron just a little bit more.

I mean, Frank *seems* liked by the cast. I don't know how true it is he keeps it under budget ... so ... my guess is he had a hand in saying bye bye to Ronnie.

• Members

I will say when Ron was handed GH in 2012 it seemed like it was to wrap GH up maybe a job lasting six months. Did he bring GH ratings up? He did and the show has lasted three years longer then it should? His first year and half was great imo anytime he focused on the Robin storyline and her big reunion ratings went through the roof. Nor OLTL alums or this Nina pimping I saw. I think when Ron had great ratings he had little micromanagement but once demos crashed ABC stepped in and he had a problem. I think ABC made the right choice it was time for a change. Love that ABC paid an eye on Jelly at Y&R and how they truly invented smart tv. IMO Ron was the best when Jean was on the writing team as soon as she left it went downhill IMO. Shelly is just a sweet little gem of a person who had a huge hand in writing Delias death wigh JG it was just beautiful haunting material. Jelly takes over August 10 they will probably continue some of Rons stuff and I bet they first air November sweeps. I don't see Frank going anywhere unless Ron showed up on another soap and he went to exec produce another soap.

• Members

Errol, great post. GH has never been worse, and that's Ron's doing. The show is a complete mess. Instead of trying to fix it, RC was on Twitter snarking and attacking and blocking -- and then getting his ass kissed by the biggest brown nosers in history. I pity the new writers having to mop up after this and trying to salvage anything. I honestly wouldn't know where to begin.

• Members

Smart TV definition: A program that doesn't set out to appear to the masses. One that is deep, complex, profound with psychological undertones and one that is complex. If you really pay attention u will respond with a wide range of emotions and ultimately makes u think.

Exactly the kind of show Jelly was headed toward until they were unjustly fired for a popcorn, spectacle, plot driven disaster of a mess for Pratt world.

Archived