GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Members

Could we please, please, please put a nail in the coffin of the term "smart TV"? Nobody knows that the hell you mean (I don't think you do, either). You just keep posting the same ol' same ol'. I'm happy that your BFF Jean has a new job. She's got to be the luckiest lady in daytime: her mediocre track record should never have gotten her a head writing position at ATWT, Y&R or GH. But if the idiots at the Mouse Network think she's up to the task, so be it. GH IMHO needed to take risks, not play it safe with the likes of JP and SA. They are the most uninspired choice ABC could have made. But we're stuck with them for now. For GH and its fans sake, I hope they don't do further damage.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After all the havoc RC has wreaked, the best thing Jean and Shelly ("Jelly") could do would be to level the entire town of P.C. with a nuclear bomb. Of course, that leaves the question of what to do with the cockroaches...and Sonny.

• Members

I'm at peace with Jonny, but ya'll, if you don't want to hear his stuff, block him or don't feed into him by replying. Just sayin'. I have to admit the worst part about all of this is honestly having to see the quotes of Jonny's misspelled words and insane praise for a hack writer. Sigh.

Anyway ... so I have to admit, a few reactions have surprised me about this news. I mean, [!@#$%^&*] FINALLY. Seriously. BYE! Don't let the door hit where the good Lord split ya, Ronnie. You have NO ONE but yourself to blame. Not saying ABC or their "data" know what we really want to see but Ronnie just had to write for his pets, had to argue with fans on twitter, etc. His ego was too big. It all went to his head. He thought he could do whatever he wanted and would be untouchable. SURPRISE!

But really, we're just all settling and going "maybe it will be ok" with JPiss? Um. No. She's hardly who I would be clamoring for. It could be a LOT LOT LOT better, but it could be worse, I suppose. Ron did some things that I fear no other writer will do (use the vets, but even then there were like 1,000 cast members so many of them got the shaft again, but they at least had cameos ....). I'm not saying I liked all of his "storytelling" (he actually started off well, IMO. It fell off around the returns of the OLTL refugees and other soap refugees and he never really recovered), but JPiss? And boring Altman? Yeah, Y&R was watchable, but do anyone of you NOT remember her ATWT?

Do you think the 'data' and ABC bigwigs and JPiss will write for Lucy, Scotty, Bobbie, Felicia, etc? Yes Ron ignored them towards the end but in the beginning the intention was there. And the Nurse's Ball.

I'm glad he's gone but I'm not really very excited by the replacements. It's the same tired has-beens. Why are writers who are fired for a specific reason hired to raise the demo numbers? LOL. I'm so sick of the recycled writers. But at the same time, I wonder how many script writers and breakdown writers are just happy doing that and want NOTHING to do with being the head writer. So sometimes I get not promoting within, but they should.

Maybe Pissanante and Altman will be surprisingly good on GH but I won't hold my breath. I'm not at all looking forward to what they'll give us.

• Members

If u watch the current Y&R it's the worst crap I have seen in soap history. Shelley and Jean have it class, intelligence, most improved in sod and Y and R won best show based on their writing. U all wanted Ron gone he is gone. We have quality that will return to our screens. Jean and Shelly being hired by ABC means ABC paid attention to their one year stint at Y and R. Honestly Jean has been head writer now at OLTL, AW, AMC, ATWT, YR and now GH. That's six soaps that I don't think any head writer can beat that resume with that many head writing stints. Shelly is just beloved she's a gem. Altman was named co head writer right before Jill got fired and then it all changed when Frank came on. Smart TV is the perfect for this dynamic duo they showed it if they got zero interference we could see the cable TV type of show on GH

Archived