GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm, Altman wasn't so bad...but paired with Passante..not so good.

Altman had good ideas for Y & R..she helped repair Sharon and started the hilary working for jack and sparring with Jill story...till passannte joined.

Couldn't the show have tried out an u tested person as headwriter? I know arena bell bombed...and mardar were ok at best (but loads better on AMC 2.0).

• Members

I would've loved to have had McPherson and Snyder from AMC 2.0. Any of those people, really. Or they could've de-thawed ol' Thom Racina and put up with some new kid, like at OLTL. He is GH royalty, after all.

But as Darn indicated it's all cosmetic until the entire apparatus of soaps changes, and that won't happen until they're probably all off broadcast.

• Members

Sorry but I don't find Jean to be a step up.

Why didn't ABC try and woo back Labine and her kids? Or Sri Rao who did a phenomenal job on GH: Night Shift? Or any of the Prospect Park head writing teams that excelled IMO? I don't see the show improving at all. I expect it to only get worse.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I can see why though. The network VP in charge of this wants their own life to be easy and by virtue of having the job many times before, this tired writer is assured of at least knowing how to do a job. It's like when you see Eddie Cibrian get acting jobs despite never having any successful roles or shows. It is a given JP knows what the job entails and can at least physically do it. (well is another story).

Archived