Xena: Warrior Princess Reboot

YRBB

• Members

I am dying at the reports that they are putting together a Xena reboot (very early stages still)!

I tend to think down on most reboots, and in this case, well, how could you replace Lawless? Probably with some bimbo. But I am oddly excited at the prospect that Lawless could have some part (if not THE part) in this.

[/XenaCry]

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A big part of the original show's fanbase was the lesbian subtext. I wonder if they will drop that and do the generic angst/love triangle with a hunky guy, like the CW is obsessed with, or have canonically lesbian characters instead.

• Members

I was so obsessed with this show as a kid. Callisto and Xena were my everything. I even bought a replica Chakram made by the same people that made the shows. I tried watching this show a couple years ago and was blown away at how cheesy it can be. I think that's part of the reason I loved it growing up. Not sure if I'd watch a reboot with all new characters. Would love to see all the originals but not sure how well that would translate.

• Members

Just terrible. Hope he's resting in peace.

I dunno how I feel about this reboot. I mean it's Lucy Lawless...this lady is a force of nature. She was so bad ass to this day my brothers and I still reminisce about the fights and crazy scenes (esp when she was up against Hercules).

I just don't know if there's anyone out there who could bring the same level of charm and ferocity that she brought.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived