GH: Exclusive Exit Interview: Anthony Geary Leaves With All Guns Blazing

• Members

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/28817/exclusive-exit-interview-anthony-geary-leaves-general-hospital-with-all-guns-blazing/

So Luke just goes off into the fog and his last scene is with Sonny.

Like what he said about the exit story. It was ridiculous.

RC is gonna hate him for this interview, I don't think he believes he'll be writing the show much longer since when they ask him if he would come back he doesn't know who would be writing or where the show would be. LOL

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SPILL THAT TEA, GEARY!!! SPILL IT! I am glad he is gone but this exit interview... YAAAAAAAS.

Trashing and throwing shade at the IIC, the stuff he revealed about the scripts (which explains SO much about the horrible acting), Ron never having spoken to him... WOW. GH is an even bigger cesspool than we could ever imagine, even if we suspect atrocities. It shows on screen.

I still don't think actors have any place contractually dictating dialogue/story but I actually respect the fact that he passed on money for it.

• Members

The interview was very disrespectful to Ron. I don't like how Ron writes either, but I thought it was very unclassy what Geary said. Meanwhile, he couldn't stop gushing about Frank. Gee, I wonder why Tony got his way? Frank caved.

• Members

I don't really want to root for anyone here, because Tony is wrong about the contemporary Luke in many ways, and he's let his own latter-day issues cloud his previously sterling judgment. As bad as the show is, and it is very bad for reasons that have nothing to do with Tony - he has also blocked them on fixing Luke. That being said, he is right about the story being very poorly done. It might have been less so if he'd let them do more of what they wanted (Luke and Laura, etc), and Tony should be held accountable for the many roadblocks he's thrown up over the last several years. At the same time, no one forced RC to have to rush this [!@#$%^&*] out after weeks and months of Franco, Nina, Ric, Madeline, et al, and a lot of this mess is simply attributable to RC and FV's long-standing erosion in quality control.

As for the comment about he and JJ rewriting their scenes, that does not surprise me. Anyone could see those excellent scenes - which ran longer than Frank's usual 30-70 seconds in deference to them, and felt like real GH again - did not come from the current writing staff. Which says a lot about how fucked the whole operation has become.

That being said, even if Frank is TG's complete enabler and I suspect he is, Ron kind of deserves this at this point:

And this is also correct:

His story about Liz Taylor and Natalie Wood was also very touching.

Archived